“Pleasantly suprised!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Roseburg, Oregon
“Pleasantly suprised!”
Reviewed June 21, 2006

I was pleasantly suprised by the Masterpiece Motel. This hotel looked like a Mission style hotel, but inside reminded me of a European hotel.
I arrived earlier than expected and my room wasn't ready so they said they would put a rush on the room for me. Within an hour our room was ready. The lobby was nice and clean and our room was just around the corner on the first floor. The hallway walls have beautiful paintings on them which are a nice touch.
Our room was big enough for the two queen beds and a rollaway. I don't think I've ever slept in pink sheets in a hotel though! The bathroom was newly tiled and the toilet was brand new.
The wine and cheese social as well as the breakfast left something to be desired. The cheeses consisted of a block of jack cheese and a block of cheddar with Weat Thins. Nothing to be excited over. The breakfast was very budget as well, with minimal choices.
The Roman style jacuzzi room was incredible! It was beautiful and very large.
All in all, this was a good deal compared to other hotels in Morro Bay. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank toulousaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed June 15, 2006

We stayed here the first week in June. I loved the town because no one was there. The weather was perfect. As for the hotel, it left a few things to be desired. We stayed in the La Bahia Suite. Paid $119 per night. I was expecting a "suite". But instead, it was just a regular room but 1/3 of the room was two steps higher. There is no sofa, only two really up-right chairs that don't face the TV. The dressing area is nice, there is a microwave and large closet, however the bathroom is really cramped. The fridge had a piece of half eaten cake left in it. The shower was dirty and the decoration was just white walls. This hotel is trying to be elegant and special, however, it's just an average hotel with a fancy atmosphere. The wine and cheese presentation was small and the breakfast was quite small as well.
This hotel needs some remodeling and upgrading in order to be called a masterpiece.

• Stayed June 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NJ
Reviewed May 14, 2006

We stayed here for two nights. We had a second floor room, no view of the rock, but a nice view from the small balcony. It was a large room, the bed was excellent, and a nice shower too. Breakfast was standard but good. Wine and cheese time was fun. the hotel has great ambience and the staff was very helpful with directions and dinner suggestions. It was a great deal! We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank seventysx
Sacramento
Reviewed March 8, 2006

We had a pleasant stay...rooms facing the street can be a little noisy when lots of traffic but rooms are well kept and comfy, they offer a nice little breakfast and if you hit the large spa pool when not being used, it is unique and fun...just right on a cold day.

We plan to come again since we have a Cal Poly freshman.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank sgmarsc
Reviewed February 23, 2006

I have stayed at the Masterpiece Hotel many times. I really like it. Its very cozy. They have clean comfortable rooms with nice beds, soft sheets, and a nice showerhead. My favorite rooms are the ones upstairs with fireplace and partial view deck. I like being able to leave the slider open at night and hear the water. The staff are always friendly and very helpful. The wine and cheese hour is a nice touch.
I like the location. Its a bit of a walk to the Embaradeo but I have found that its really touristy down there. I enjoy the shops on Main st. and Morro Bay Blvd. better. They have a lot of fun stuff. Every time I go back to Morro bay I find something new. Its a great place to take some time off in.

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fresno, CA
Reviewed February 12, 2006

My family and I stayed two nights during the holidays at the Morro Masterpiece and we were pleasantly surprised. The artwork in the halls was really a treat and we were given a piece of paper with a key naming the painting and artist. We enjoyed a nice continental breakfast and at night there was wine, cheese and crackers. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The rooms were clean and the beds were more than adequate. The jacuzzi was large and beautiful. We took a trip to Hearst Castle and the rest of the time relaxed at Morro Bay.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank TGann
Reviewed January 29, 2006

We went to Morro Bay as a spontaneous weekend get-away. So we did not have hotel reservations. Unfortunantly we decided on a hotel that we saw as soon as we got into town called the Masterpiece hotel.
When we first saw the room it seemed okay, but a bit overpriced. We wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub, so we paid. The Tub was filthy, we had to clean it out before we used it. The curtains and ceiling fan were so dusty that when we turned on the fan, dust bunnies literally fell on us (the fan was over the bed) so that left us with dirt on the bed.
We managed to try to enjoy the stay regardless, but when we mentioned the room to the check out girl she shrugged and said "sorry, we haven't had any complaints before".

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member