Masterpiece Hotel
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$157
$145
$109
$102
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$115
BestWestern.com
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$129
Ascot Inn at the Rock(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$129
Best Western El Rancho(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$102
$97
BestWestern.com
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$189
$176
Agoda.com
Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$100
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$160
$155
Orbitz.com
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$88
Priceline
All reviewswine and cheeseroman spaart printsworkout roomsparkling apple ciderspa poolcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsmorro rockhot tubevery eveningwafflesfirst floorceiling fanstayed here for two nightsnice viewroom was large
Reviewed February 12, 2006

My family and I stayed two nights during the holidays at the Morro Masterpiece and we were pleasantly surprised. The artwork in the halls was really a treat and we were given a piece of paper with a key naming the painting and artist. We enjoyed a nice continental breakfast and at night there was wine, cheese and crackers. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The rooms were clean and the beds were more than adequate. The jacuzzi was large and beautiful. We took a trip to Hearst Castle and the rest of the time relaxed at Morro Bay.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank TGann
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed January 29, 2006

We went to Morro Bay as a spontaneous weekend get-away. So we did not have hotel reservations. Unfortunantly we decided on a hotel that we saw as soon as we got into town called the Masterpiece hotel.
When we first saw the room it seemed okay, but a bit overpriced. We wanted a room with a jacuzzi tub, so we paid. The Tub was filthy, we had to clean it out before we used it. The curtains and ceiling fan were so dusty that when we turned on the fan, dust bunnies literally fell on us (the fan was over the bed) so that left us with dirt on the bed.
We managed to try to enjoy the stay regardless, but when we mentioned the room to the check out girl she shrugged and said "sorry, we haven't had any complaints before".

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 12, 2006

We loved this hotel. Nice pillow top beds, close proximity to anything and a good price. Only drawback was the view. But we were not there to gaze out the windows, only there to sleep. The roman spa was great also. Will go there again.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Txsbigfoot
A TripAdvisor Member
Davis
Reviewed December 4, 2005

What a wonderful surprise! We have been to Morro Bay many times and have driven past the Masterpiece always saying, "we should stay there" but we just assumed it was out of our price range. this time, we decided to splurge and to our surprise, the rate was cheaper than what we paid at the econo lodge! and... we got the best service, a very clean room, great ambiance, great everything actually! do yourself a favor next time your in Morro Bay and stay at the El Morro Masterpiece! we love it there!

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2005

I had a business trip to the San Luis Obispo area, which is just abot 7 miles from Morro Bay, so opted to stay there as I love being near the sea. I had seen the El Moro several time in the past but had not stayed. This time, I did, and was quite pleased. The "masterpiece" theme is carried out all over the motel, with prints of famous works of art in guest rooms as well as in the halls.

My room was large, with a comfy king sized bed and a roomy sofa. Microwav, fridge and coffee maker were nice touches. The luxe mattres really did feel wonderful, which helped get me to sleep (I don't always sleep well away from home) along with the distant, soothing sound of the harbor's foghorn. My room was spotless and the housekeeping staff was very thorough.

Wine and cheese were served in the evenings, a nice touch, as the nights were chilly despite the unseasonably warm days. The breakfast buffet included cereals, toast and muffin options, pastries, fruit and juice, plus beverages, and was available to take to your room or eat in the lounge area.

The Roman Spa was great---it reminded me very much of the indoor pool at nearby Hearst Castle, and it was nicely sized. It's not as big as a swimming pool, but it certainly is larger and nicer than my apartment's hot tub (it seats eleven) and the temprature was just right. After several long walks around town and the harbor, I appreciated it!

The staff was gracious and helpful, with everything from recommeding places to eat to getting me an iron to looking for the eyeglasses I thought I had left behind (thankuly, I had not!). Having read many of the reviews, I was surprised at what was said, though I know you cannot please everyone. Yes, the inn is NOT on the water, but the embarcadero is a short stroll away, and to be honest, some of the other motels in the immediate vicinity did not look as nice, no matter what the price. There was plenty of parking, but I was visiting in the off season (November) so cannot speak to the summer crowds. The spa was open till 9:30 pm each night, and I know because I used it.

To be honest, when patrons expect the amenities of a 5 star hotel no matter where they stay, they are bound to be disappointed. If you MUST stay on the water, you will either pay alot for the privelege, or get a "bargain" you may not have expected(I saw the police at one of the "bargain" motels one night). After all, the sights and amenities of the town of Morro Bay are just a short walk away from your room! I felt completely safe at the EL Moro (as a woman travelling alone, that is important) and will happily stay there again next time I am in the area.

10  Thank Kittygal