Masterpiece Hotel
Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$148
$145
$109
$102
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$129
Ascot Inn at the Rock(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$129
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$115
BestWestern.com
Best Western El Rancho(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$102
$97
BestWestern.com
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$189
$176
Agoda.com
Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$100
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$88
Priceline
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
$160
$155
Orbitz.com
All reviewswine and cheeseroman spaart printsworkout roomsparkling apple ciderspa poolcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsmorro rockhot tubevery eveningwafflesfirst floorceiling fanstayed here for two nightsnice viewroom was large
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Nice place, nothing to complain. Wine in the lobby during the evening added a nice touch. There was also a pile of menu's from local restaurants, nice idea that should be adopted by other hotels as well!

hint: Morro Bay Brewing co. is just a few blocks away, great place for a burrito and a beer!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2008

My wife & I stayed here for three nights recently while my son played in a basketball tournament at El Morro High School. The room was fine but nothing special. The best I can say is that it was clean and inexpensive. The staff was friendly & polite.
Our friends staying in another room did have a few issues - a water leak forced them to move to another room. Also a noisy late night party in the room below revealed that the night manager was actually offsite. But she did take care of the party.
Frankly after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I was expecting more.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I booked this hotel based on all the positive feedback I saw on hotels.com. Very convenient to the Main St exit off of SR-1 in Morro Bay. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. All though we did not have a direct view of the ocean, we could see it from our balcony which is nice since we did not book into one of the ocean view rooms. The hotel was in nice condition and the room had added touches like a microwave and a refrigerator. They put on a nice wine and cheese hour in the evening which is open to all of the guests. In the morning there is a very light continental breakfast but if you are looking for something more substantial the hotel offers some great local recommendations. The staff were very friendly and at hand to help you whenever they could with your stay. Also the spa they have is awesome! A great respite after a day of sightseeing! Terrific value for money, and located in a beautiful area on the Central Coast, I highly recommend this inexpensive but comfortable stay for anyone looking to get away!

Reviewed November 22, 2008

We booked a stay here after reading so many postive reviews and are glad we did! The El Morro Masterpiece isn't beachfront, but the location is just a few blocks away.
Our room was roomy, had nice linens, and a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. We had a king deluxe room, which had a small balcony and faced west with a view of the water and Morro Rock.
Throughout our stay the motel was quiet; we couldn't hear noise in the hallways or from other rooms. Note: rooms don't have a/c, just ceiling fans. The weather was unusually warm and our room was ok, since it faced the water and had a big sliding glass door that we kept open. I imagine the rooms on the other side of the building were pretty warm.
The best part was the service - the desk clerks were efficient and very pleasant! They chatted with us, offered tips about local events and sights, and were really friendly.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Reviewed November 16, 2008

I am currently in the hotel room as I'm typing this....my family and I booked two delux king rooms for a one night stay. The lobby is nicely decorated and the lighting throughout the hotel looks very updated and cool. There is famous artwork on every wall/in every room, a beautiful, large roman themed spa, as well as a small workout room. When we walked into our room, it was very spacious, clean and eye pleasing. It included a small balcony, fireplace, very comfortable bed, lots of surface room and seating for computers and such, and a free wi fi connection. (However, the signal was rather weak and didn't always work.) and all the amenities that you would need (coffee maker, mini fridge, hair dryer, soap, ect). We learned that the staff was "new", but they were very nice and did their best. There is complementary wine and cheese in the lobby starting at 5pm, and a small dining room next to the lobby where candles are lit in the evenings. My husband and I are looking forward to the complementary breakfast in the morning! Great place, GREAT PRICE. WOW. (Around $65??) Only drawback, NO A/C. Just turn on the ceiling fan and open the balcony door, you're good.