“Pay for my own ice... WHAT???!!!!”
Review of Coastal Breeze Inn

Coastal Breeze Inn
Coastal Breeze Inn
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here a couple times only because all the other hotels were booked. The only thing I like about these rooms is how big they are. Other than that..... DUMP! This place is in a serious need of upgrades. It's like your stuck in the 70's in these rooms. The linens were ugly and funky, the pillows were breaking apart inside, and three mattresses are very uncomfortable. The water in the bathroom shoots out brown when you first turn it on and the shower is ridiculous. You could take a better shower down on the beach. The kicker- went to get ice to see we had to pay .25¢ for ice! Yes, it's only a quarter but.... come on! Anyway, you'd have a cleaner, more comfortable stay for a better price and with a better view at motel 6! We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank juliajulez
villagermotelmorroba, Webmaster at Coastal Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. You can be sure that many aspects of this hotel have improved since your stay. I apologize sincerely that we were not at our best when you stayed with us and hope you will give us another chance. We focus on continuous improvement and try to get better every day.

Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Coastal Breeze Inn

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We checked in to a room that I'm sure some cat had pissed behind the door. One of the beds had some brown stains on the sheets. Mold in the shower and the fridge didn't work. No heat in the room. One more thing.. they will not clean your room or give clean towels unless you give them permission.. What kind of crap is that?? They also suggest you pay with cash and in advance, and they don't give a receipt. Maybe the IRS would be interested in that. Stay away from this place. Office staff about as rude as they can get..after they get your cash. There sign outside says AAA approved, they are not AAA approved. There is no doubt this is the worst motel in Morro Bay.

Room Tip: Find a room in another motel. This place is a total rip-off. BTW the hot tub is a wreck and is emp...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TS428

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While we satisfy hundreds of guests every month, I’m terribly sorry that our comfortable and clean rooms didn’t satisfy you. Perhaps we weren’t at our best at the time of your stay. We have improved significantly recently. In any case, I sincerely apologize and hope you will try us again to see how we’re better than ever now.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were warned by previous reviews to NOT go here. They said the water was brown...so, we brought our own drinking water. That being said, we did not drink the water, BUT...it WAS NOT BROWN.....but...it really is a nicer place, nice location, nice looking, but....they do charge for ice (25 cents...why?) They do have a limited supply for the advertised continental breakfast, so get it early... AND, WE WERE WARNED NOT TO EXPECT FLUSHING TOILETS TO WORK...so...we brought a plunger. First toilet use...needed to call office to plunge toilet. I will so never say anything about our plunger, but it was a good idea. My wife does not want to go back, because she is in fear of the bathroom. It really is an otherwise nice place, just needs a whole renovation of plumbing. Even the sink was dragging bad. Other than plumbing, this really is an ok place...yes, the walls are thin, but not bad otherwise...if you have a working toilet. There is a very nice restaurant across the street. If I had to do it again, nope. Just because of toilet. I like it otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DantheMountainMan

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m glad we met your needs and that you stayed here despite malicious comments by others. We provide clean, comfortable rooms at great rates. Our plumbing system has been improved since your stay, so that should not be a problem if you choose to return. I sincerely apologize that a single issue detracted from your stay with us.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We over paid for BROWN sink, toilet and shower water. Not to mention our toilet was not flushing. I asked for a different room but the lady at the front desk told us the brown water as due to a new filter. How is that even possible?? BROWN water only happens in 3rd world countries!! Don't waste your time or money. This was the WORST place I've ever stayed!! I recommend staying anywhere else or in your car for a better night spent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S

Dear Guest,

As later reviews show, the allegation of water quality issues simply isn’t true. In any case, we have significantly improved the property since the time of your stay and many previous issues have been corrected. You would enjoy staying with us in the future, and I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations during this stay.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed at the villager with my handi-capped mom and my aunt, the price was what attracted us..........but when we arrived,I realized why it was so cheap.......they charged me 20.00$ for 2 nights to open the door between mine and my handi-capped moms room, you had to pay for ice, and the water in the sink,shower;& toilet was dark brown (no exagerration")I had to let shower run 3-4 min. before showering and used boittle water to brush my teeth even the location is horrible

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank randybaize

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay here. While there have never been water quality issues, there have been some other maintenance issues and other problems with the hotel in the past, but these have been corrected. We’re a much nicer place now than ever before, and I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is your basic sheets and towels motel. I paid $35. for a large room and bath with TV. All worked, but with no frills. There should be more motels like this for traveling folks who just want a decent nights sleep without a big budget.

Room Tip: Read prior reviews. Asked for quiet room (no neighbors) Reserved $35. room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank shelagh461
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Very friendly and helpfull staff, rooms a little bit old. Very close to the sea (5 min - walking), easy to find and good restaurants around. Clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple