“Best seafood and view, and they saved my birthday”

Galley Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The freshest, premium seafood. Hand-selected seasonal ingredients from our own farm. An impressive selection of world-class wines. All tastefully wrapped in novel Island decor and overlooking the scenic waterfront. Welcome to a new definition of taste - The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar - the Central Coast's finest seafood restaurant located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay.
Altadena, California
“Best seafood and view, and they saved my birthday”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

After being terribly disappointed with another restaurant where we had reservations for my birthday (see review of Orchid Restaurant), we found the Galley, and WOW!!

It was a Tuesday night, and it was obviously a 'reservations only' evening. But luckily, there was a 'no show' and my husband and I were able to get seated with a short wait.

All tables have the ocean view. Over the bar (near which we were seated) there is a TV showing the action in the kitchen. My husband ordered Rock Fish, but he didn't want it breaded, he wanted it pan-fried. He could see the chef on the TV pan-frying his rock fish.

For the appetizer, I had the Steamed clams, which were little-neck clams flown in from the East Coast, in a white wine and garlic sauce. When I visit a friend in rural Pennsylvania, we drive into Philadelphia to Ralph's (Italian restaurant) to have these steamed little-neck clams. It was perfect.

After the clams and bread, and our salad, all I needed was Fish & Chips, which was great. After supper, and great wine selections, I was presented with a death-by-chocolate dessert and ice cream with a candle on top! The hostess and our waitresses knew that they had saved my birthday and we were so grateful for their hospitality.

I highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations are needed, even on a Tuesday, and we were so lucky to get in for my birthday.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
San Clemente, California
“Galley Seafood”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had the "naked" halibut. One of the best pieces of fish I've had. Very fresh, no frills and cooked perfectly.
The staff was great and the location was beautiful.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood, friendly service and perfect view”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place has it all - great personnel, excellent food and prime location for a fair price. I enjoyed the clam chowder as well as fish and chips.

Calgary, Canada
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great service from accommodating staff (moved us from the bar to a table even after we'd been served our food), good food beautifully presented and a spectacular view over the ocean.

Peabody, Massachusetts
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Besides its wonderful location right on Morro Bay with fantastic views, the Galley offers a nice varied menu. We each enjoyed a delicious filet and a unbelievably yummy Grand Marnier creme brulee. We would definitely recommend it!