“Happy to Return”

Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The freshest, premium seafood. Hand-selected seasonal ingredients from our own farm. An impressive selection of world-class wines. All tastefully wrapped in novel Island decor and overlooking the scenic waterfront. Welcome to a new definition of taste - The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar - the Central Coast's finest seafood restaurant located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We found this place by accident after many other disappointments along the embarcadero. The Galley has such a positive atmosphere, great service and excellent food for a decent price. We couldn't wait to come back soon our trip this year, and we were not disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate at this place for the first time just last week and we can't say enough about the food. We both had the Surf and Turf and were amazed it tasted THAT GOOD. I've lived on the coast in Northern California since 1976 and have not had a better piece of meat nor a better lobster tail. The service was outstanding as well. Really, don't miss this place. We plan to go back each time we're in Morro Bay.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I judge mexican food by the taco and a seafood restaurant by their clam chowder and this was the best I have ever had. Everything from the chowder to the warm and crusty sour dough to the wine was just delicious. Nice assortment of LOCAL seafood (which believe it or not is not always the case). Nice to know I don't have to go to San Francisco for a seafood restaurant of this quality. The service was excellent and the owner was funny, engaging and a pleasure. She even had pots of huge Dahlias that she grew herself! Will definately be going again. Thanks Trip advisor........you turned us on to this restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had an excellent seafood salad . Hubby had very well cooked ahi- tuna. We shared a tempura style suski appetizer. All excellent.

1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wanted to give this place an excellent rating. By nice location, good service, but a bit noisy, given the slightly tight seating. Joe the waiter was smiling, and overall good. The scallops for appetizers were very, very good. I ordered the local sea bass, with fries and asparagus for sides, and a yogurt dill dipping sauce. All good, but the sea bass was a little too dry for my liking. The lobster tails were very good, and my wife polished them off! Desert was a very good creme brûlée. I liked the orange added to the creme. However, a little too heavy for my liking (I am a bit of a creme brûlée snob). Home made coffee ice cream was good too. Very nice views, and nicely appointed restaurant. Definitely would recommend to anyone. This is the best meal we have had in the two days we have spent in Morro Bay.