“Super Scallops 4.5 stars for this place”

Galley Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The freshest, premium seafood. Hand-selected seasonal ingredients from our own farm. An impressive selection of world-class wines. All tastefully wrapped in novel Island decor and overlooking the scenic waterfront. Welcome to a new definition of taste - The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar - the Central Coast's finest seafood restaurant located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay.
“Super Scallops 4.5 stars for this place”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to give this place an excellent rating. By nice location, good service, but a bit noisy, given the slightly tight seating. Joe the waiter was smiling, and overall good. The scallops for appetizers were very, very good. I ordered the local sea bass, with fries and asparagus for sides, and a yogurt dill dipping sauce. All good, but the sea bass was a little too dry for my liking. The lobster tails were very good, and my wife polished them off! Desert was a very good creme brûlée. I liked the orange added to the creme. However, a little too heavy for my liking (I am a bit of a creme brûlée snob). Home made coffee ice cream was good too. Very nice views, and nicely appointed restaurant. Definitely would recommend to anyone. This is the best meal we have had in the two days we have spent in Morro Bay.

Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“The way seafood should be done”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Awesome dinner. We surfed the appetizer menu for a light dinner and could not have been happier. I had the clams and special prawn salad appetizer. My wife had the special salad and calamari steak strips - they were surprisingly light. Could not had have been better. And our waiter was a great personality who really knew the menu.

Visited July 2013
Arizona
“Wish I had checked Trip Advisor last night before dinner”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went somewhere else last night; wished we had checked first! This place was great - views, food, service. If we were staying longer, we would go back. We had the shrimp today - scampi and fried, and traded. Both were excellent. I'll bet the fish is wonderful here! Very pretty place, with great views, too.

San Ramon
“Continues to have the best dinner food in Morro Bay”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is small and on the water and very friendly with a somewhat noisy atmosphere (limited bar seating) but a real pleasure to revisit. Continues to hold it's value for very good menu and pricing. Really not a little kid's place in my opinion...Too crowded with tables and narrow seating arrangements BUT, stellar service food and location. I return again and again, understandably so!

Calabasas, California
“Scenic Views & Great Food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Amazing find! We were disappointed by long lunch lines at a neighboring eatery but we saw the sign, read the menu and were hooked. Once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by the amazing views and fast, friendly service. We shared lobster rolls and fried shrimp and couldn't have been happier with our meal. Everything was delicious and presented well. The service was fast too. Not at all what I expected from this area - as many of the places here cater to a different crowd. We saw several families with kids come in and all were welcomed as were the large group and several couples with a wide range in ages that were there while we dined. The kids watched seals play in the bay and the parents watched the boat traffic, kayakers and paddle boarders with great fascination. When the bill came, I was shocked! It was more affordable than I expected. What a great way to end a perfect meal!