“Great for a nice sitdown meal”

Galley Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The freshest, premium seafood. Hand-selected seasonal ingredients from our own farm. An impressive selection of world-class wines. All tastefully wrapped in novel Island decor and overlooking the scenic waterfront. Welcome to a new definition of taste - The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar - the Central Coast's finest seafood restaurant located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay.
Woodland, CA
“Great for a nice sitdown meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We chose the Gallery along the waterfront in Moss Landing for a late lunch/early dinner on a recent trip to the area. We shared an order of the calamari appetizer which is not your usual over breaded rings and tentacles but nice tender lightly breaded strips of calamari steak. For my meal I was in a fish and chips mood and I was not disappointed. Just as the calamari was prepared with a light coating, tender and flaky fish crisp fries. My boyfriend ordered the bowl of clam chowder and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well. We have eaten at this place twice now and both times we were very happy with our food.

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's no wonder The Galley is ranked #l restaurant in Morro Bay. Well deserved! I had the clam chowder (excellent) followed by the scallops (fabulous) and a salad and fresh vegetable dish.
Service is exception, the food is absolutely delicious; the view is breathtaking I saw the sun set during my dinner. You are sitting right next to the ocean.
A rambunctious foursome from Germany? was eating next to me and they were similarly raving about their dinners.
The Galley is a must if you're in the area.

• Visited November 2012
Atascadero, California
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful meal. We told them the occasion and requested a window table. They had a special menu with our names on it with congratulation's. Before we left all the staff signed it. Very nice touch. Our food was excellent. I had salmon and my husband had lobster. We chose apple pie for our complimentary dessert. This restaurant has been in Morro Bay for years and the quality is still their top priority.

Visited August 2012
Larne, United Kingdom
“My best ever USA meal, so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been very remiss in not reviewing this place already. I had the magic trinity of crab cakes, calamari fritti and clam chowder and though I usually am as happy as a sandboy after I eat this, I regard this as being the best ever I have eaten together at the same meal. All three were superb and the crab cakes came joint top in my unofficial 'Best North American Crabcake' category {the other being Cutters Bayhouse in Seattle}
A stupendous meal, with terrific service. I see I am not alone in my praise. No wonder, the place is terrific and unmissable.

• Visited March 2012
Hemet, California
“Anniversary Dinner Spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 29th Anniversary at The Galley. The view from every table is truly splendid looking out over Morro Bay and Morro Rock. The food was delicious and my Blackened Swordfish was the best I've ever had. My wife said her Shrimp Scampi was perfection. Our wine selection was superb and the fresh baked Peach pie, right out of the oven was fantastic. Many thanks to our server Joe for excellent service. We will be returning!