“Wonderful food in a beautiful setting”

Galley Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The freshest, premium seafood. Hand-selected seasonal ingredients from our own farm. An impressive selection of world-class wines. All tastefully wrapped in novel Island decor and overlooking the scenic waterfront. Welcome to a new definition of taste - The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar - the Central Coast's finest seafood restaurant located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay.
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and and I wanted to have a special dinner with a theatre friend - and what better place to go than The Galley! The owner, David Peter, is the consumate host, and the fesh seafood is the best on the Central Coast!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were promptly greeted at the door of the restaurant.

After sitting at a booth, it took at least 10-15 minutes for anyone to welcome us and ask if we wanted any drinks to start with. Bummer. I was thirsty for that Belgian kolsch beer. I finally got my beer. Delicious! Perfect with my ahi!

The view was amazing! Next time I want to sit along the window. It was aggravating that some of the other patrons were requesting that the restaurant lower the shades. Come on now!!! You came here for the view, put on some sunglasses if you are having issues!

I was surprised that the restroom was a public restroom outside of the restaurant. I would imagine on the weekends there is a line of folks that are touring the area visiting the facilities.

The noise of conversation increased as the room became full. At times I had difficulty hearing our business conversations.

Overall, I can't wait to return to The Galley with my husband for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had a very nice dinner at the Galley. I had the Scallops and my husband had Red Snapper, which was a special. Both dishes were excellent. The service was terrific.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We ate here twice on this trip. The service is friendly and you are well taken care of by experienced local staff. The food was way above expectations for such a touristy spot. Lunch was $20-25 with generous servings of superbly prepared seafood.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

We chose this place because it was rated #1 by oher TripAdvisor reviewers - they were right. Really good food, and excellent service. A smallish place, which helped it seem even more special. We showed up at the dinner hour on Friday without reservations, and even though the place seemed packed the maitre-d, after having us wait a few minutes, seemed to manufacture a table for two out of thin air. And the pan-seared scallops are to die for.