“Really, Really Great Food!!!”
Review of Shine Cafe

Shine Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a great find!! Had lunch and dinner on Saturday and back for a yummy breakfast on Sunday!! Thank you for healthy food!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Shine is very popular with the locals and quite busy at lunchtime. It is now located in it's own space next to the store versus being crowded into the back of the store. The food is very tasty. I especially enjoy the huumus wrap and the tempeh tacos. The smoothies are also very good. The young people who prepare and serve the food are always very pleasant. In fact, it feels like a happy place whenever I visit. There are indoor tables and a few outside on the sidewalk, too, for people watching.

1  Thank seaspirit
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lovely restaurant. It is clear that the staff puts a lot of TLC into the space, as well as the food. We had excellent buckwheat pancakes with lots of yummy fruit and nuts. The staff were friendly and attentive. This was the best food we ate while in Morro Bay.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went here on Sunday 2/24/13 with the two teens. Daughter and I got the Green Dragon smoothie @$7.50 and son got the Island Fever smoothie @$6 (?). I was floored that this health food shop said no when I asked for wheat grass instead of the spirulina. Is wheat grass not healthy hip anymore?
The smoothies are served in a glass Ball canning jar with a straw and moderately sized. The Green Dragons were very good, very green, but not much ginger going on, and mostly a creamy banana flavor overall. The Island Fever was predominantly pineapple juice and orange juice coming through with no coconut at all. I'm guessing that they may just be using the now trendy coconut water in it and nothing more. Definitely fresh tasting smoothies but a bit pricey nevertheless. The menu also has a lot of vegetarian items that looked tasty.
As another reviewer said, the cafe is dank and blah. And the staff is not personable at all, just like the decor. The attitude from them is that of some random college students with no personality or training who happen to run a natural foods juice bar cafe. We go to Morro Bay very often and this crew of customer service amateurs need to realize that in order to cultivate my future business, they need to be friendly to inspire my return. The front shop is the basic vitamin stock and fresh organic produce, etc. that you'd see in any health food store. I have always wanted to check this place out and I am glad we did. Better than the sugary smoothies of a Jamba Juice. Good place for your natural foods fix to cleanse the liver and your innards after the fried fish and alcohol indulgences that MB has to offer. lol
They'd get a lot more business if they livened the place up and taught the staff to smile and chat with the patrons, though.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

They got it going on at the Shine! Beautiful, fresh, vegan food that is worth the price. I've been going to Shine for more than 5 years, and I was worried after Lyndsey left. The quality and service dropped down but has picked back up in the last few months. Now the quality and portion sizes are consistant and fair. I am so happy to have the option of eating here.
I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, in fact I love meat, but this food really packs alot of healthy, green energy! I highly recommend the Shine, even though it hurts to do so because the lines might be just a little longer next time I go in there.

My only current criticism is that sometimes there is a weird vibe inside the place, mostly coming from the cliental, NOT the staff. But hey, keep Morro Bay weird, right?

Thank you to everyone here; you keep me shining :)