“Lovely place to dine”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going to Dorns for almost 20 years ! We love the food, the ambiance, the service and the views. My husband is a big fan of seafood and I am not, but at Dorns you have the best of both worlds ! Fresh seafood and a great selection of steaks, chicken and pasta as well. Their clam chowder and albondigas soup ( On Sundays) are both fantastic. The pasta pomodoro and the Veal Picata are EXCELLENT and my husband loves the fresh Petrale Soul and has also tried many of the specials of the day that feature fresh fish...their wine list is good and has many choices of local wineries within the San Luis Obispo area. Would recommend this restaurant with accolades to the owners of this fine establishment !

2  Thank Marcia C

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I love going to restaurants, that have the Old World Charm, and Dorn's fit the bill! The atmosphere was great and the service was excellent! We were there for dinner, and we both decided on fish. My husband loved the local halibut, and I had the local snapper, which was good. What I really, loved, was their, clam chowder!!! Full of clams and not loaded down with potatoes! We usually make 2 trips to Pismo Beach, each year, and will make sure to return to "Dorns" the next time.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went to Dorn's Restaurant for Esther's [ my mother in law] 96th birthday[ she still drives,[ this is her last year]
We were met by Dorn his self at the door at twelve noon and showed us our seats. The table was beside a large window with a view over the harbor, boats and the majestic Morro Rock. Of course I had to take pictures of my wife and her mother with the bay and Morro Rock in the back ground. When we were seated by a very distinguished looking waiter who asked what we would like to drink. Shortly he brought our drinks then took our order. Approximately thirty minutes later we were served one of most enjoyable, very pleasing to look at and delicious tasting meals. for dessert I had Root Beer float. UUMM Good!After leaving Dorn's we took a harbor cruise, great.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The ambience was great. The portions are large and I have tasted better "fish and chips," but it was a nice place to visit, and next time I'd try other menu choices. A bit pricey.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Over the years this restaurant has consistently remained the best restaurant for seafood or breakfast. The view of the bay is also a big plus. The service is very good! There is a room that can be reserved for parties. Kim sure this restaurant would get an A if it was being rated.