“Smooth boat tour”

Captain Stew's Bay Cruise
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had an opportunity to take Captain Stew's boat tour around Morro Bay. He was very informative and knows a lot about the area. The cruise lasted an hour and was smooth. We were able to get up and walk around the boat so that we could get better views of the places he was pointing out. He stayed near the otters for a while so we were able to get a good look at them. We were able to bring munchies and a cooler (he doesn't provide anything).

There are newer reviews for Captain Stew's Bay Cruise

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Captain Stew was recommended by a coworker because he was "very family friendly." In addition to Captain Stew, I contacted two other charter boat businesses who advertised ash scattering services. They never responded. Captain Stew always responded very quickly to my emails and questions.

There were nine of us on the boat and we could not have had a better experience during this very emotional trip. We all loved Captain Stew and highly recommend him. He was very accommodating and understanding of the situation. He made the trip so much easier. The boat had a bathroom, blankets and the all-important CD player. We brought our own champagne and they provided extra glasses (just in case!).

Thank you Captain Stew!

2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We took the sunset cruise. It's off season so there were only two other people on the boat.

We got to get up and walk all around while Captain Stew gave us all sorts of information about the area. It was fun because he obviously loves the bay and the town and enjoys sharing.

The views of the Moro Rock were amazing. We loved watching the sun disappear into the water and we got to see sea lions and otters and of course, all the sea birds.

Captain Stew took time to stop and let us take lots of pictures. It was great and I'd do it again !

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently had a chance to charter Captain Stew's boat for a group of 14 visitors to the area. For many this was the highlight of a perfect 3 day weekend. Captain Stew's in depth knowledge of the area was greatly appreciated. He was sensitive to the desires of the group and made every effort to spend time for the best views of the highlights including the animals, the unique harbor fishing business, the oyster farms and much more. I highly recommend Captain Stew's Bay Cruise for your next visit to Morro Bay. A wonderful experience at a very reasonable price.

Kaaren P
Morro Bay

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went out for a 7 PM sunset cruise. They had the 7 PM boat that day only because we asked for it pretty much.
The skipper arrived and took my family and I on a drive around the bay in the fog. He sat by the sea lions for quite awhile so my kid could watch them, went looking for some otters and showed us the Coast Guard pier. He and I shot the breeze, we looked at what we could see through the fog and we drove around the bay. That was pretty much it and it was just what we wanted after our dinner. $25 for the three of us to go on a private fifty minute cruise around the bay.
Not bad at all!!