“Family-friendly and easy on the budget.”

Great American Fish Co
Ranked #23 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great American Fish Company overlooks the Morro Bay Harbor serving Mesquite Broiled Fish and Steaks that we've been famous for since 1980.
Herald, California
“Family-friendly and easy on the budget.”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Great American Fish Co. is located at the commercial boat dock in Morro Bay and offers views of the harbor and Morro Rock. It's nothing fancy and pretty much a typical waterfront cafe--a little rundown, but clean and comfortable. Food was good, but nothing special. Lots of fish choices on the menu as well as burgers and other sandwiches, all modestly priced. It also has a full bar, and shares a large free parking lot with other businesses. We went there for a late lunch on a Thursday and the place was very busy with locals as well as tourists. The one waitress on duty at the time really had to hustle to keep up with the crowd, but she did it with a smile and politely answered questions.

• Visited February 2011

Hanford, California
“We have never been disappointed”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I am very surprised by the number of negative reviews. We have been to the Great American Fish Co at least 10 times in the last 5 or 6 years and we have never been disappointed. Our most recent visit in Jan 2011 was no exception. We had a group of 9 people and no one had a single complaint about their food or service. There was a great variety of items ordered and everything was great. I do agree that the choices of sides (cabbage salad or sliced tomatoes) leaves a little to be desired but that is a minor complaint. We are headed back to Morro Bay for Valentines Day and there is no doubt that we will be eating at the Great American Fish Co.

• Visited January 2011
Redding, California
“Can't believe it could get any better, Great with a capital "G"!”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We have been to Morro Bay many times and we always make it a point to eat here. The new host they have is very polite, and always seem to have a smile on his face. The service was speedy but careful to take the time to inform us of the specials which I have to say were absolutely that. I had a miso glazed salmon that was fantastic, and my wife had they're halibut picatta. We split a chocolate mousse which they informed us was part of they're house made desserts menu which wasn't on a menu at all. I guess it is a secret menu so if you go there make sure to ask about the special desserts. all in all we had a fantastic dinner at an affordable price. We will definately be back there on our next vacation.

• Visited January 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money and eat somewere else. My...”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Save your money and eat somewere else. My husband and I just ate there. I was in the long line at giovannis and was so hungry decided to go eat at Great american fish company....worst choice I have ever made...chowder tastes like it cam from a can and fish and chips were gross and tough. Horribly rude blonde hostess, good thing I had a glass of wine. I definatly wouldn't eat there sober again! Or buzzed for that matter! Anywere in Morro bay would be better than this place!

“Only good thing is the view”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was shocked at the poor quality of the food. Fried scallops were raw, dripping with greese and tough. Could not eat the fish at all, tasted and smelled like it had gone bad days ago. Vegitables must have been left over from the day before. Service was good and the vew was great but not worth the price of a disgusting meal.