“We have never been disappointed”

Great American Fish Co
Ranked #26 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Description: Great American Fish Company overlooks the Morro Bay Harbor serving Mesquite Broiled Fish and Steaks that we've been famous for since 1980.
Hanford, California
“We have never been disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I am very surprised by the number of negative reviews. We have been to the Great American Fish Co at least 10 times in the last 5 or 6 years and we have never been disappointed. Our most recent visit in Jan 2011 was no exception. We had a group of 9 people and no one had a single complaint about their food or service. There was a great variety of items ordered and everything was great. I do agree that the choices of sides (cabbage salad or sliced tomatoes) leaves a little to be desired but that is a minor complaint. We are headed back to Morro Bay for Valentines Day and there is no doubt that we will be eating at the Great American Fish Co.

• Visited January 2011

Redding, California
“Can't believe it could get any better, Great with a capital "G"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

We have been to Morro Bay many times and we always make it a point to eat here. The new host they have is very polite, and always seem to have a smile on his face. The service was speedy but careful to take the time to inform us of the specials which I have to say were absolutely that. I had a miso glazed salmon that was fantastic, and my wife had they're halibut picatta. We split a chocolate mousse which they informed us was part of they're house made desserts menu which wasn't on a menu at all. I guess it is a secret menu so if you go there make sure to ask about the special desserts. all in all we had a fantastic dinner at an affordable price. We will definately be back there on our next vacation.

• Visited January 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money and eat somewere else. My...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Save your money and eat somewere else. My husband and I just ate there. I was in the long line at giovannis and was so hungry decided to go eat at Great american fish company....worst choice I have ever made...chowder tastes like it cam from a can and fish and chips were gross and tough. Horribly rude blonde hostess, good thing I had a glass of wine. I definatly wouldn't eat there sober again! Or buzzed for that matter! Anywere in Morro bay would be better than this place!

“Only good thing is the view”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was shocked at the poor quality of the food. Fried scallops were raw, dripping with greese and tough. Could not eat the fish at all, tasted and smelled like it had gone bad days ago. Vegitables must have been left over from the day before. Service was good and the vew was great but not worth the price of a disgusting meal.

California
“Excellent Food and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

We had fresh sea bass, halibut, salmon and a combination Kebab and all the
dishes were great. Side dishes good and prices not bad. The wine was good too.