“Discount for seniors”

Ranked #22 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great American Fish Company overlooks the Morro Bay Harbor serving Mesquite Broiled Fish and Steaks that we've been famous for since 1980.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great fish cooked over mesquite wood. Willing to exchange fried fish for fish cooked over mesquite wood. Fresh salad, fish was wonderful.

1  Thank PeppersPonderings
There are newer reviews for Great American Fish Co

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just ate an excellent meal. It's my new "Last Supper" meal. I had the sea food pasta, my wife had the shrimp & scallop pasta. Both had several large shrimp and several scallops. Mine had additional pieces of fish. Both served over linguine. Came with toasted bread. Both plates under $25 each. Excellent meal. I was hungry and wanted a large portion and this plate fit the bill. I barely finished mine. I recommend this plate to anyone looking for a tasty sea food meal at a reasonable price. I was thinking of getting the Cioppino instead. If the pasta was this good the cioppino must have been crazy good. The waiter "Gabe" was attentive and made sure we were taken care of throughout the meal.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was a nice surprise. The food was good and I thought reasonably priced. Great view of Morro Bay and the rock from our table made for a nice lunch. I will be going again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

So, what do you do when you're two young people who love food, looking to impress your in-laws who dislike pretty much everything, and you don't have a lot of money to do it? Take them here. They had booth seating, a great open kitchen, the restaurant was a good temperature and the music was the perfect volume. We started with the Calamari, and Shrimp cocktail (jumbo shrimp. very jumbo). and for entrees two of us had the local snapper, one had the swordfish, and one had the sea bass. It was all amazing. They had a great beer selection and lots of dessert choices, but what made it special was the service. Our waitress, a girl from Massachusetts, was sweet and attentive, she helped us make great choices and really made the evening special. Total win. If we ever find ourselves in Morro Bay again, we're going back here for dinner, no doubt.

1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My mother had recommended this place. We tried their special Mesquite Grilled Cod. It wasn't very smokey in flavor but it was cooked perfectly. I would say that the food is average. Our view that say was the local fishing boat full of high school kids. They were in the process of filleting their catch for them.