“Our Spring Break”

Red Anchor Charters
Ranked #9 of 15 Tours in Morro Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing hourly, half-day and full-day captained private sailboat charters aboard our beautiful 32-foot sailboat in lovely Morro Bay, CA.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked the trip knowing I would get a lot of blow back from my wife and kids. They were frightened of the sea. Captain Drew and Christian assured me they would keep it safe and fun. Boy did they deliver. My kids and wife loved it. They all took turns piloting the boat and I got to help with setting the sails. We were told not to expect any whale sightings but right after the dolphin was caught swimming at the front of the boat (always a sign of good luck) a baby whale (20ft'er) cruised right by us. My kid's all telling everyone that will listen including the gas station clerks about their sailing trip. Great job Red Anchor for the big time family fun you promised and delivered. Dan, Becky, Carllee(14) and Nick(11)

2  Thank 431DanB431

Reviewed February 7, 2013

There is no better way to experience beautiful Morro Bay then from on the bay itself. My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with Red Anchor and could not have been more happy. Christian and Captain Drew were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. This is the hidden gem of the central coast. My girlfriend and I both relaxed and sipped on Champagne the whole ride. What a great experience.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

When i found out that i was going on a boat ride i was so so so excited, and i had this vision on how great it would be, and when we got to the boat it was even better and more fun than i expected! I got to sword fight with my sister, help pull up the sails, and steer the boat. There are also these bean bags on the boat that are very very comfortable. We also saw some amazing wildlife, from the cute little otters playing, to the dolphins swimming right next to the boat! The best part was Christian and Drew, they were very nice and awesome, and i knew that they were going to make the ride amazing, and sure enough, they did. So if you are looking for a boat ride at anytime, then this is the best place to go by far, It is worth every penny!

2  Thank Andie C
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Up here visiting my future in-laws, and they took us on a Red Anchor Charters cruise. The weather was wonderful, and we saw a lot of wildlife. But the best part was the crew: Drew and Christian were so nice and helpful, you couldn't ask for anything more.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were in Morro Bay to celebrate our anniversary with our best friends and renew our wedding vows, and chose Red Anchor because we thought getting remarried on a sailboat would be fun. It wasn't just fun - it was FABULOUS! These guys are amazing. We lucked out with the day - it was absolutely gorgeous - and the boat is wonderful (the bean bag chairs in the bow of the boat are a touch of genius) but what really made it was that Dane, Christian and Drew all went out of their way to make it perfect. We had a fantastic sail, and then stopped in the back bay to renew our vows, which we had written and emailed to them ahead of time. We brought champagne to toast the day (they let you bring your own food or beverages, and are super helpful, providing ice buckets and such), and Christian took pictures for us throughout our time on the boat. We have renewed our vows every five years in all sorts of different places around the world, but I have to say this was the absolute best. It just doesn't get any better than this. If you are in Morro Bay, you have GOT to cruise with Red Anchor!