“Cosy and friendly” 3 of 5 bubbles

Morro Crest Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
“Cosy and friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Clean and tidy room, simple but well mainteined. The lady, who helped us, gave a good price for travellers. No wi-fi line and no air con. The little city is amazingly beautiful and you can go to the harbour by walking. No breakfast included and the parking is next to the room's windows and it is very noise.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

After reviewing the Morro Crest Inn's website I called the listed number to book my reservation. My reservation was for their "Deluxe two double bed room." My husband, I, and our two young children would be occupying the room so we needed adequate space. The day before our scheduled reservation date I received a telephone call from the hotel to confirm our reservation and arrival time. Upon arriving at the hotel the receptionist/owner had no recollection of even speaking to me on the phone, and apparently sold our room out from underneath us (even though they had my credit card on file.) She then informed us that she had a room that would work, but it was off the property. In describing the other room she made the comment that it was "her home." My husband and I agreed to look at the room, even though their website doesn't list any other locations. When we arrived at the other location we were very confused. The building was an apartment complex with no identifying markings stating it was any way related to the hotel. We went into the room which was set up like a hotel room. The room had a door, which we assuming were leading to the rest of the apartment, which was locked from the other side with no way us of securing it ourselves. We returned to the hotel and let the receptions know that we were not comfortable staying in an apartment complex. At that time she said she had a permanent tenant that lived there, and that it was perfectly safe. We once again refused to occupy the apartment stating that it was not the room that we booked. She said she could put us in another room on the hotel property, but didn't have the double bed that we required for our children. We once again stated that we no longer wanted to stay in the hotel being that they already sold our room. She promptly became irate, and required us to pay a cash payment of $25 for a cancelation fee. My husband and I had no intentions of canceling our reservation until she sold our room, but paid the cash payment anyways just to be able to remove our children from the situation. This was the worst experience my husband and I have ever had with a hotel!! We ended up at the Days Inn just down the street. The room was wonderful and the service was great!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jdpatterson06

Travelers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is near the sea and restaurants. The price was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Went for a mini vacation and a family member suggested this place. For the price I thought we would be getting four walls, a bed, and a restroom. But hey it was walking distance from the water, resturaunts, and shopping so we booked it. When we got there the landscaping caught my eye. The flowers and cactus type things were really nice. The lady that helped us was just ok, but it worked for me. Suprisingly the room we got was really nice and really clean, which was a plus. The bed was comfortable, all the cable channels worked, and the wifi worked great. Had a little mini fridge and coffee maker. The table and two chairs were nice to have. The room was decorated really nice with an angel type theme. The restroom was great and clean too. The shower head was awesome! The only thing I was ify about was the cloth shower curtain that didn't work too well so very little water got on the floor outisde the shower. There was a blow dryer thing in there, I'm not sure why. So all in all it was a great trip because the Inn was fantastic. Our stay was great and peaceful so I say stay here if you want to keep a little extra cash to spend else where. Hopefully your stay is as great as ours was. We will be definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Room 7 was great. If you worry about your car its a great room because you can park your car right i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Templeton, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Employee at the front desk was very rude and raised her voice to me when I asked for a refund five minutes after I checked in. I spoke with her boss on the phone to fix the situation and he was rude to me also.
I did not get full refund, Hotel held back $ 25.00 claiming the credit card company charges $ 25.00 for refund transaction. I have never had a Credit Card Co. not give full refund.
My Judgemen is that the hotel kept the $ 25.00.
We stayed next door at the Sundowner, better price, clean room and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Sundowner on Main st in Morro Bay. Friendly, Clean, Accomadating, Affordable.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Craig S
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Like many of the small independent motels in Morro Bay, this is an older motel. And also like many others it has been carefully restored by the owning family. My room was clean and comfortable. It is an older motel: my second floor room had an up-and-down irregular floor which was a bit weird. There was a tiled shower but that was OK for me. There was a pedestal sink in the bathroom but there was a small shelf next to it for placing toiletries, etc. My room had a flat screen LCD TV but I could see that others still had tube TVs. The bed was comfortable.

I don’t know why this is classified on TripAdvisor as a “B&B and Inn.” It is a motel to me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were driving up rt1 and just stumbled on this place. The landscaping is probably what attracted us. Flowers and flowering cacti out front, and window boxes!! We like locally-owned motels rather than chains, so that was a plus for us. The room was clean - more so than at home. In fact, I felt like making the bed before we left, just because it felt so much like home. The microwave and refrigerator were nice touches, and the rest of the room decor was very tasteful - pretty pictures, sunny colors (yellow and green in our room), nice furniture. We were planning on going to Yosemite today, but liked this place and Morro Bay so much we decided to stay here another night instead. The owner was kind enough to give us the coupon rate for the second night, too. Absolutely beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends