“our stay at the morro crest inn”
Review of Morro Crest Inn

Morro Crest Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Bakersfield, California, United States
“our stay at the morro crest inn”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

we liked the room we had two mine was # 8 up stares on the end my son had the one under me we were there two days three nights and was charged $ 711.00 dallors not thrilled about the price but love the town

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The woman owner/manager was rude, obnoxious and unprofessional. My room was not clean, after check out I was in town and was told she said I broke something. I returned to confront her before charging my car and she accused me of breaking a cheap toilet lid. When looking at it obviously someone had repaired it with black epoxy, she still continued to yell. She then called my son a liar about his 3yr old being there all night. He had stayed all night with his local Grandparents and brought back before they went to work. First of all the website states children under 10 yrs always stay free. Why she had an issue I don't know. I would of had charges on my credit card had I not gone back in there and she probably does this to others. Stay there good luck

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rdadger2003

Travelers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Picked this place just for the low cost & access from highway 1. Just wanted a good night sleep & a shower after driving & hiking all day. After a kind of rude check in - no eye contract, no words exchanged other than give me your credit card, came up to our room. Not too bad. It didn't smell & was relatively clean are about the most winning things I can say. Motel was about half full yet we were put in a room directly next to what sounded like 3 adults & 2 small children. The smallest child screamed most of the night & the walls are so thin that it sounded like it was in the room with us. So needless to say a good night sleep was not had.
The door to the room has a lock that wouldn't survive a strong breeze & didn't feel safe at all.
Shower had hot water, but was so tiny I could barely move & I'm not a big person.
No breakfast included so do yourself a favor & stay at one of the 30 other cheap ish hotels in Morro.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank KatieK28
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My boyfriend & I liked the looks of the outside of this motel and decided to stay 9/8/11 as we were passing through town. We could afford a nice hotel, but prefer quaint, locally owned motels. Great location, great price. There were cute window boxes on the outside of the rooms. We asked if we could have a clipping of one of these plants & the lady that checked us in was very generous! She took clippings of various plants for us, so we could have a variety. They room was very clean, furnished nicely & had a coffee maker, microwave & frig. Great spot to stay, will go back again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were in the area to photograph a wedding and made a vacation out of it. We stayed July 3-9. The woman working in the office was very polite. She gave us a clean room for just $42 dollars. The hotel is an older hotel in an established area, however it is clean and quiet and a great value.

We will do business with Morro Crest in the future

Please let me know what you think.
Robert Henshaw
Artistic Elegance Photography
[--]

Room Tip: Always negotiate whenever you stay, many hotels will take advantage during holidays, often to there...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ArtisticEelegancePho
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This hotel is well located very good price and very clean. For what you pay it's excellent. I would say only down side is poor shower barely any pressure but that's all.

Rooms are excellent very nice and fresh, I have paid more and stayed in worse

• Stayed June 2011
thousand oaks, ca
Reviewed June 12, 2011

my family and i had a great stay, they were amongst the cheapest in town, and the location was fantastic. clean rooms, and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: call motel directly, cheaper than internet
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family