“history museum good for kids”

Museum of Natural History
Ranked #6 of 37 things to do in Morro Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The emphasis is on interactive and hands-on learning exhibits that provide scientific information regarding tidal forces, geology, erosion and environmental issues.
Los Angeles, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“history museum good for kids”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

it's an okay place to visit. would be great for kids though cuz it has hands on stuff to do and learn.

Visited February 2013

Wamego, Kansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a wonderful place”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wish that I could remember the lady's name that helped me the day I was here. So was so friendly & extremely helpful. My plans for being in California were drastically altered & I found myself in the unique position of traveling when I thought I would be staying in one area. The woman working here gave me so much helpful advice about where I should go & found several maps of the various areas (didn't even have a state map with me).
This museum is in such a beautiful area. Be sure to walk around the area outside the museum as well.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Mindy S
Pukalani, Hawaii, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Museum trip”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The museum is small but packed with info. The view of the inlet is really nice.It's located in a pretty area with eucalyptus trees. I think it's very good education for children, maybe more than adults? But, worth a stop in.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kristy K
Hemet, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Marvelous Museum”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our visit to the Morrow Bay Museum of Natural History. It has outstanding, informative exhibits and a superb location with incredibly panoramic views. Take your camera! The gift shop and book store are very well stocked with something for everyone. Children will especially enjoy all the hands on exhibits and will have so much fun they won't realize how much they are learning in the process. The museum is a very worthwhile adventure allow 90 minutes minimum to see everything!

1 Thank Randy G
California
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Beautiful Setting for an Outdoor Meal”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very helpful, pleasant staff here to guide you on your exploration of the outdoor attractions in the area. And I especially enjoyed the selection of bird books in the gift shop. One evening we had our dinner at a picnic table adjacent to the parking lot for the museum overlooking the marina and the estuary as the sun was setting. Beautiful! Don't miss the boardwalk through the perimeter of the estuary accessible from the end of the marina parking lot.

Visited January 2013