“wonderful lunch!”

STAX Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: STAX Wine Bar& Bistro Featuring Gourmet Tapas starting at $6. Imported Meats, Cheeses, Olives, and MOre. Crositinis, Paninis, Huge Prawn Cocktail, OVER 120 Local and Imported wines. Wine by the Glass, Taste or Bottle. Live music Thursdays and Sundays. Morro Bay's Coolest Wine Bar!
San Diego
“wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were on our way to Cambria but stopped here for lunch at Morro Bay. Try the grilled wild king salmon on toasted ciabatta bread...it was so tasty. And the caprese martini salad was delicious! Love the fresh bufula mozzarella and basil tossed in olive oil with two grilled crostini on the side. We did a taste test a white wine, and it was perfect. Very happy with the food here!

• Visited May 2013

San Luis Obispo
“From a Morro Bay local”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good ambiance and views, wide selection of wines to taste at reasonable fee, friendly service. Light appetizers and food offered. The food specials are typically very good. Rendezvous for hors d'oeuvres (too bad the French don't have words to express that thought).

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Good choice!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Was recommended by hotel staff. Was there on Sunday afternoon. knowledgeable staff, good wine and yummy food. Totally worth it!

Visited April 2013
Miami
“Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A bright, sophisticated wine bar. I was looking for a gift bottle and in spite of being absolutely slammed, the hostess took time to help me find just the right one. I'm not a wine connoisseur but this is a fine bar/shop with good stuff.

Visited November 2012
Altadena, California
“Expected more information and conversation”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived before noon for wine tasting and some appetizers. There was only one other patron in the place so I thought I would get more one-on-one attention and more information about them as I sat at the wine bar. The server poured wine and read off the bottle label and left me alone but did make an effort to look up a blend of one of the samples in a book. I was expecting a little more conversation and if there was I might have considered buying a couple bottles of wine. Since I was waiting for my order of cheese, I went to look around their vast selection of wine displayed throughout the restaurant that seemed more like a lounge than a full scale restaurant. I wish some of the bottles were reachable. Several bottles are so high up I couldn't read more about them and I felt they will drop from the shelves during an earthquake so I slowly moved away. My cheese platter arrived filled with delicious and big portions of cheese, and the bread and crackers were an amazing pairing. I couldn't finish so the leftovers were placed in a nice container and the dried fruit and nuts that came with the order were placed in separate containers. That was a nice touch. The view from the bar is a parking lot and the other shops and cafes across from it. Would have preferred a view of the bay while sipping away.

• Visited October 2012