“Corn Chowder with Clams! NOT Clam Chowder”
Review of Rocca's Surf Shack - CLOSED

Rocca's Surf Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Rocca’s Surf Shack is locally owned and operated by Todd Collins and his family. Rocca’s Surf Shack is a surfer-themed, waterfront restaurant offering a spectacular view of the bay and Morro Rock. We specialize in fresh seafood, great burgers, refreshing salads, and most of all fun.Our killer fish tacos are out of this world and our famous Surfers Combo offers the best of both worlds–two pieces of our hand-dipped beer battered fish with our house made fresh potato chips along with our fresh and creamy clam chowder served in a fresh baked sourdough bread bowl.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Actually the fish and chips are extremely good. The batter was perfection and the fish was sweet. I got the 4 pc version and ate every bite. I mean I actually liked it better than both the Galley and the Cafe By the Bay. I also had the home made potato chips. Very nice touch. I don't think anybody else in town does that. It's not a fancy sit down restaurant. Like every one says, you order at the counter and sit down. The server brings your food. The service is friendly and pretty fast. I didn't try the Hamburger but our teenager did and she said it was very tasty. I would go back but honestly I would NOT recommend the Chowder. I hope the chef reads this and at least considers making a version of clam chowder WITHOUT CORN! If the owner agreed to that I would NOT have any reason to eat anywhere other than here when I come to Morro Bay. And, it's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.

There are newer reviews for Rocca's Surf Shack

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stopped for lunch en route to San Diego. You order at the counter and the girl brings the order to your table when it's ready. We decided to share a 3 piece fish and sliced potatoes. The potatoes are like potato chips but I didn't think they were as good, my husband enjoyed it however. We did not care for the baater on the fish. It was too hard and had too strong a taste of beer to it. The pieces of fish they use are quite thin so they were somewhat overcooked and dry. I think we would try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank vbrother
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just ate dinner there after reading the many great reviews. Although clean and on the water - the food was nothing but very deep fried. I ordered the chicken strips for my kids and it came so deep fried that we had to pick off the many hardened batter areas. clam chowder watering and lacking substance. Hard to find much healthy. I had fish and chips that were thin and deeply battered. Cost $48.00 for three kids and an adult with no drinks.... for that money, I would say we could have done better at a sit down, get served restaurant. Young gal at counter was friendly and doing much of the work.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Casual dining - delicious char broiled burgers - fresh veggies & bun. Fries were also really good & nicely seasoned. Friendly & welcoming "self serve" style in a great location - will be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is an order at the window and be seated type restaurant. The seating was adequate. The chicken tacos and the fish tacos were good, but nothing "wow". The clam chowder was a disappointment--few clams, lots of corn, and not too much flavor. The calamari was over-cooked. The clams were good and the fish was O.K. The potato chips (made there) were a bit too hard for me, and there was absolutely no seasoning. I wasn't too excited about the place.

1  Thank Rollin_along_Mom