Stay here. Nowhere else in Morro Bay. We were here 3/29-31/2013 with two rooms - a suite and a regular room.
1) THE definition of an iconic Central California motel experience... The look of an old by-the-coast motel property but with all the modern day amenities of a 5 story hotel. Only in CA can this be pulled off right, as it is here.
2) Two blocks from the beach. Because in Morro, closer is not better.
3) Really comfortable hotel beds. And nice, new, clean linens.
4) Free breakfast vouchers.... At the best breakfast places.
5) Friendly, knowledgeable staff. They called once to confirm and once to say my upgrade was possible (we had "won" the room from our friend William Shatner and his negotiator, but wished to upgrade to a suite. They charged us a fair upgrade price, even though they didn't have to. ) They also called in advance to advise that no pets allowed in the Suite (regular room ok).
6) Owned by a small group of people, not a large impersonal corporation.
7) Because the "Inn at Morro Bay" sold out in 2009 and used to be the premier location in town, but is now owned by a large impersonal corporation. (See #6).
8) Even the fake fireplace in the room was cozy.
9) Kitchen in suite had all size utensils, fine for mommy & daddy; good for baby.
10) Cute doghouse on corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites is a 16 room property located on the primary path to expansive beaches and a naturally beautiful bay. The charming bungalow style guest rooms feature hardwood floors and a fireplace - giving you the relaxed atmosphere and warm feeling of days gone by. Close to all modern conveniences, the Beach Bungalow is still quiet enough to seem like your private oasis at night. Enjoy a foggy evening in front of the fireplace in your room or watch the sunset from the garden patio. Prepare to find yourself relaxing with a cup of tea or a glass of wine next to the garden fire in the evening, while you listen to the sounds of the ocean. You might choose to have your breakfast there, too. We're honored that so many choose to leave their cares and vacation here with us. We look forward to making your visit just as special! *Kitchenette in King Suites only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Bungalow Hotel Morro Bay