“Great family-run inn. Cozy, quiet, upscale and friendly”

Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the Inn for 4 nights. Everything was perfect. The owners and manager went out of their way to insure that our stay was very comfortable. The Inn is located a 5 minute walk from the waterfront. Although it is located conveniently in the city center, the street is very quiet. The rooms are newly refurbished with wood floors, a gas fireplace, really great beds, nice linens and a cozy atmosphere. The other guests were quiet and noise between the rooms was not an issue. We definitely would return for another visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed here three days, and really enjoyed having such a lovely room to come back to at the end of the day. The weather was unseasonably wet and cold so we took full advantage of the fireplace every evening. The only negative was our original room (The Sand Dollar) was small, we traded rooms with a friend and she said the room was small for even one person. We traded her for a suite which was almost too big for two people but I won't complain about that! Staff was pleasant. I'd recommend Mi Casa for breakfast, one of three choice with the coupons they give you upon check-in.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We found the Beach Bungalow via the internet, and we were delightfully surprised because it was actually better than it seemed on its web site. Service was excellent, our room was spacious and so nicely decorated. Everything was first class. The location was also very quiet, but handy to shopping and restaurants. And breakfast was included at a choice of local restaurants ~ a terrific touch. We will definitely stay at the Beach Bungalow the next time we come to Morro Bay.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Spent my birthday weekend in Morro Bay. Stumbled upon the Beach Bungalow online. What a gem!
Management was amazing! We realized that we'd be arriving very late at night after getting held up at work. I called the hotel, and they left the key for me. No problem getting in, and the room was really nice!
A great place to stay, in a great little town, for a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Just some background. I am a farther of two boys and {our youngest is a new born and my oldest is 13} one beautiful 2 year old female German Shepard . Myself and my wife both work in the medical field. My position Is in the Psychiatric realm of the field {16 hour shifts at times}. As aforementioned we just had a newborn and just finished with a custody battle for my 13 year old. So mine and my wife's stress levels were a little high. We have vacationed in Monterrey and Hawaii. But coming to the Bungalow's in Morrow Bay was exactly what the doctor ordered. When you stay here It is almost against the law to not stop and smell the roses { or the local flora}. When staying here there is no hustle and bustle. The Owner's are beyond friendly, They are beyond pet friendly, we can't say enough about the quiet and quaintness of the Bungalow's . The Bungalow's are truly a hidden gem just two to three short blocks from the bay with a view of Morro Bay Rock . You can even sit outside your suite next to a fire and enjoy the view and night sea air. The Bungalows are found by word of mouth. Even though they do not have restaurant per say or a Continental breakfast. John and his Establishment provide vouchers for a full breakfast for you and yours at Three great restaurants. Two of which are extremely pet friendly. If you love Mexican cuisine, Try Mi Casa just a few blocks up the hill and surrounded by window shopping galore.{Highly recommend for plants and unique jewelry Beads By the Bay} While at Mi Casa try the Menudo and order the Webbos Con Toresso with Black Beans. If you want breakfast just Two to three short blocks from the Bungalows and a few feet from the bay with a spectacular view of the Rock I beyond highly recommend Frankie's and Lola's. For a 5 star cuisine at a very affordable rate for vacationer's. This restaurant became instantly, me and my wife's favorite by the bay. The food was exquisite. The staff were down home, and extremely pet friendly. While there ask for Jessica and meet the Chief . It is a no brainier why this restaurant is paired with the Bungalow's. The third is the Hungry Fisherman. This one is a little bit further away and around the corner. If you like a little more down home cooking this is the place for you. They do serve seafood also. Though they are not Pet friendly. But the mash potatoes and gravy are to die for. Well we promised John of the Beach Bungalow Inn Suites we would write this blog to commemorate our stay. Thank you John and staff for letting us stop and smell the roses for a short while. We will be back. Save the Monarch for us. Oh and to the readers also visit a store called Salvage great prices on great pieces of interest. If they are closed call the number on the door and they will accommodate. Happy Vacationing :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacokai
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Morro Bay for our two year wedding anniversary. I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel is pet friendly ($20/night for a small dog), they even gave my dog his own doggy blanket!

The room was spacious, clean, nicely decorated. I loved the fireplace, flat screen tv which was mounted on the wall on top of the fireplace, king size bed with soft bedding, plantation shutters which blocked out all the lights. The bathroom was a little bit small but it's ok because I didn't spent too much time in there. There's a small coffee maker and a small fridge in the room as well, we were able to buy some snacks and drinks and store them in there.

Bonus: when I booked the hotel I had mentioned that we were here to celebrate our wedding anniversary, the hotel comped us with a bottle of chilled champagne, it was a nice touch for sure.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

By far the nicest place I've stayed in at Morro Bay. The room was great and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends