“perfect getaway spot”
Review of Estero Inn

Estero Inn
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I spent a couple of nights here to celebrate an anniversary in the SLO area and this Inn was perfect for our needs. We've never been to Morro Bay area before and location is great in exploring the area. Easy walking to the Embarkadero shops and restaurants. It's an easy 20 minutes to SLO and 25 minutes to Montana Oro State Park which we both ejoyed. Rooms were nice and clean. The Morro Rock view is great from the balcony or room. Staff was very friendly and accomodating from reservation, to check in to check out. Offered an upgrade when they found out we were celebrating. The roses, wine (choice of red or white), and chocolates were a nice touches. Parking is convenient either on free lot of street parking. Breakfast was simple (bages, cerials, yogurt, etc.) but was definitely adequate. AC system is loud but we got used to it after a few minutes.

Room Tip: Morro Rock suite has a good view of the Rock and parking lot so you can keep eye on your car
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Estero Inn

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I travel to Cal Poly State University at least once a year and my experiences with hotels have been just adequate, until now. I finally found a place that is quite lovely and peaceful. From my cozy lanai I could hear the low moan of the foghorn and the sea lions barking in the distance. Sailboats were anchored in the bay against a backdrop of Morro Rock.

The beds were comfortable and the room pristine. Each day the housekeeper would make some kind of whimsical animal with the towels and wash cloths. It was delightful!

The breakfasts were wonderful! Guests can make their own waffles and top them with fresh strawberries and whipped crème. They also offer hard-boiled eggs and bagels.

The desk staff members are very pleasant. Enroute, I was delayed in traffic because of a downed power line on the freeway in Pismo Beach and the desk clerk waited – after hours – for me to arrive. That was way beyond the call of duty.

I am glad that I have finally found a place near Cal Poly where I feel at home.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2014

we ride tomorrow be late at night Anderson hotel informed us about this one.as we checked in we walked into the biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in it was right by the by the bay. You have one of the most wonderful views I've ever seen Morro Bay. the room was clean with a beautiful bed and the staff was so friendly

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon t
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a very nice little Gem, in the middle of Morro Bay! Within walking distance to shops and restaurants. We stayed in the Ocean View Suite and it was really nice and clean with a wonderful view. Loved the cozy fireplace and private balcony...we didn't want to leave. Friendly staff too... we would definitely recommend staying here. We will be returning soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banana61
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked the Morro Bay Suite - which is really not a suite but a large room with a microwave, sink and refrigerator and a small patio. Marvelous view of the Morro rock from our room. We had unseasonably warm weather so we asked to use the free kayak and went for a quick spin around the bay to check out the sea life, amazing. This is a very small hotel within short walking distance to the local touristy area; perfect location; free parking on site. Even though its small it has an elevator to the second floor; must be because the new construction. They don't accept American Express our only credit card; but not really a big deal, just unusual. By the way they don't list their rooms on the usual travel websites - I had to go directly to their web-site and then I called for a room. Don't think they are booked because they don't show up on Expedia, etc. Book a room here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyclingsanchez
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Kelp Room on the first floor would have had a great view except cars are parked in the way. I'd choose the 2nd floor next time so you can actually have a view and no one will be walking in front of your windows. Otherwise, really nice room. I paid $239 for one night in January which seems a bit high to me.

Room Tip: Choose the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K W
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Its a small hotel, newer construction, located right on the bay. Our upstairs room could be reached by stairs or elevator. Room was large with a slider, port hole, and large window. Lots of privacy. Bathroom good size, spotless and modern. Good location- could walk to the shops and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: recommend Bay View Suite, an upstairs corner unit with privacy and good views of the rock
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple