“Outstanding Inn”
Review of Estero Inn

Estero Inn
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This inn is a rare, delightful find. The ground floor rooms are literally over the water, with a great deck immediately adjacent to the harbor/marina. The rooms are comfortable and very well appointed, even with fresh roses and locally made taffy left in the room. The views of the water and Morro Rock are great. This is a relaxing place to just enjoy nature and the sounds of the sea, including seals and pelicans. There is a large flat-panel tv in the room, but we never turned it on, opting instead to just enjoy the quiet. The bed is comfortable, the pillows are great, there is a nice desk, sofa and chairs, along with a gas fireplace, and free wi-fi. I can't say enough about this inn -- it was a marvelous stop along a California coastal vacation that included many nice inns and hotels -- this ranked at the top.There was no noise from other rooms -- some traffic noise as it is close to the street, but it was not bad at all as there really isn't much traffic at all along this quaint waterfront street. I love a peaceful place and this offered the tranquility I enjoy.

The staff is absolutely the best ever -- very helpful with dinner reservations, business services, or whatever you need. The continental breakfast that is included is great with endless delicious coffee and juice, pastry and so on. This is a small inn, so reservations are highly recommended. This is a place I will definately return to again. A five-star rating does not do them justice!

2  Thank LeiMomiNV

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is right on the water and in minutes walk to shops and restaurants. The marina in the bay provides a beautiful place to watch the sunset. The "rock" is cool. You'll know what I mean when you get there. The staff is really really helpful and friendly. In fact, I'd say, over-the-top with gracious service. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, clean and very nice. The property is extremely well maintained and parking is private and controlled. Breakfast is provided in the morning and, although a continental breakfast, is much higher quality than usual continental breakfast with fresh cut fruit (melon and berries) and fresh coffee, cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. Our room had a fireplace and a nice TV as well as a mini kitchenette. Wish we could have stayed longer.

1  Thank ronniekayd
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Inn on this past 4th of July.I too have always wanted to stay on the waterfront and see somee fireworks!!!!! Room had some sutle upgrades havent seen in a while on our past travels. The shower had upgraded tiles instead of the traditional little colorful sqares seen in most showers. The room had nice white trim all around the room which is an upgrade the owner /conracter difinitely added to separate the wall from the ceiling. What we like most was the port hole window giving it that youre on a ship cruise. We met the owner at the barbque he put on for the hotel guests that evening and enjoyed what he offered his guests and co-workers. Our view was Morro rock which was fine but next yeat got to get the opposite wing which had the view of the fireworks from the local park, other than that we enjoyed our stay....Romeo L. and Sarah

Room Tip: rooms were small but adequate.
2  Thank Romero163
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last night, and really enjoyed this hotel. We have stayed in Morro Bay many times in the past, and have always been forced to stay back from the water since most hotels are located at least two blocks from the wharf. Estero Inn is located right on the water, within steps of restaurants, shops, etc.

The hotel is almost new, and very modern. Rooms were good sized and very clean. Note that they may not be "suites," (with separate sitting and sleeping areas) despite the fact that most are referred to as such. Our room had a gas fireplace, small balcony, sink, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect for two people. We had a great bay view, helpful staff, a nice continental breakfast, and a very nice stay. We will be back!

Also, ask the front desk staff for restaurant recommendations and recommendations for local activities. We were given great advice on a short hike to the top of one of the "Seven Sisters," and were amazed by the view of the entire bay and surrounding region. We have come here for years and had no idea.

2  Thank StupidTArulesName
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I spent 4th of July at the Estero Inn. We are frequent visitors of the west coast and are familiar with Morro Bay and many other coastal locations in the area. Upon arriving, I was surprised to see that the hotel was more like a bed and breakfast than a typical tourist hotel (which can be a good thing). The staff pleasantly greeted us and informed us there would be a BBQ in the parking lot for hotel guests starting around 3:30 until the food was gone. We did go down to the BBQ later. We met the owner who was there socializing and cooking. The food was delicious and we felt very welcome. When we arrived in the room however, I was floored by how TINY the room was. We stayed in the Bay View Suite. When I hear suite, I think space. There was absolutely zero space in the room. But, the view was spectacular! The wrap around balcony was very nice, although not wide at all (my husband could not pass me easily if wanting to go back into the room). And, most importantly, the room was VERY clean! I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend this to others. Just know, you are not getting a very large room for the price. You are paying for the location, view, and quality which are all well worth it!

2  Thank Lindsey L
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I just visited Estero Inn, as a midway point on our trip down the California coast. We weren't sure what to expect... we were AMAZED at how cute, clean, comfortable and classy the room and facility is. We've stayed at a few Cali hotels that are considered in the luxury category and this place ranks right up there! It's completely updated, private and in a quiet area of the community. The staff stayed late to make sure we could check in and were very friendly. We wished we had more time to stay another night or two!

1  Thank Sara K
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was not really prepared for how touristy—think seashell curtains— Morro Bay's Embarcadero was, but the Estero Inn was a world away from all that even though it's right there! I stayed in the smallest of the eight rooms, the Bay Suite, located at the back of the Inn, but it was perfect! I still had a beautiful view of the bay with moored sailboats, plus a super-comfy bed. Although the bathroom is just a regular small bathroom, the details made it much nicer: an especially deep tub with a great shower head, plenty of fluffy towels, and nice lighting. I asked housekeeping to leave me extra coffee and cream, which they did—so nice! And the front desk staff members were all polite and helpful, too. What a pleasant place to come home to every evening after roaming to Paso Robles and up and down the central coast. The one thing I didn't care for was that the next room's air conditioner extended onto my balcony, dripping a stream of water when it was turned on. It was also loud when the door to the balcony was open. But that's a small complaint given how nice the inn was overall!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo