“A nice return!”

Morro Bay State Park
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in Morro Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful state park campground is across the road from the beach.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A nice return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from morro bay state park ... Haven't been there in over 8 yrs ... The redesign is different .. You are up close and personal with other campers .. Really no privacy at your campsite anymore.. We had one of the better sites and enjoyed our stay.. Bathrooms were pleasantly clean usually ( as always some people don't have that respect ) .. Overall it was a nice week ... I remember the old !!!

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Camarillo, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice place to get away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great place to camp. Close to everything. Bayside Cafe is a fun place to have lunch. And just about 2 miles north, there is a huge/long dog beach. Our Lab loves it! We love visiting Hearst Castle and the Elephant Seals. Perfect for a day road trip.

Visited June 2013
Morro Bay, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bay Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great little cafe with a varied menu if you are staying in or near this park. Lovely views of the bay, sailboats and great food. Price is medium range. There is also a lovely walk for birders across from the park among the Eucalyptus trees.

1 Thank Peggy L
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I find this park very relaxing and very pleasant to walk in. We stay at the inn inside the park and really enjoy walking in the park and looking at the heron rookery and the museum.

Bakersfield, CA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Keep in mind I'm not much of a camper...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can count the number of times I've been camping on my fingers. I had never been to this campground before, but it was the only one near the beach that was available. It actually was nice. I like that most of the campground has trees, although our campsite did not. The bathrooms were clean, though lacking in soap. I don't know, maybe that's normal for a campground? There we're showers available but we didn't use them since we were only there one night. The rangers were very present, making rounds several times during our one night stay.

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't closer to a beach. We did enjoy a nice walk across the street at the estuary. There's a boardwalk path that winds around a bit. It's also next to the Morro Bay Natural History Museum, which is rather small, but fun for the kids and free for campers. I also wish there was a market closer for people like me who don't think to pack some camping essentials-would have saved us a trip into town. But all in all it was a good experience and a place I'd return to.

2 Thank dotfurio1