“Small in size Huge in flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Frankie and Lola's

Frankie and Lola's
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clovis, California
“Small in size Huge in flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I had seen this place many times with lines out the door. Now I know why! A super creative menu and fairly priced. I had the chilequilles which was a totally unexpected twist on an old standby. Flavorful tortilla topped with an omelet, avocado, tomatillo sauce, and sour cream. Side of some of the best potatoes I've ever had. Honestly, there was enough for two! Great coffee too, and the service was efficient, friendly, and gave great advice to a first timer. Neighbor table had the hash which was prepared with large strips of beef and looked great! I'm ready to return. Don't miss this place, even if you have to wait!

• Korean first
Middlefield, Connecticut
“A highlight of our CA dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We're always on the lookout for good breakfast places when we're on vacation. It's the one indulgence that we make a point of regardless of the vacation budget. Frankie and Lola's was a really good find and lived up to the TripAdvisor reviews.

The coffee was excellent and the staff was about as friendly as it gets. My wife had the PZP (Potato Zucchini Pancake) and I had the Corned Beef Hash. The PZP was big, fresh, and delicious. Fresh ingredients prepared to order and very unique. I don't think my wife was expecting what she got, but she enjoyed it none-the-less and I also enjoyed my sampling. For my tastes it was a bit too many vegetables and cheese for early morning breakfast, but it was very yummy and probably would have tasted better as a late morning breakfast, but that's just me.

The corned beef hash was incredible. "Homemade" corned beef hash is one of those dishes that marks a truly good restaurant from one trying to fake it, in my opinion. This dish was all fresh ingredients and the house cured beef was really amazing. It was more like a lightly smoked brisket than what you'd expect for traditional corned beef. Very yummy. Preparing it with all the other fresh ingredients, keeping the salt content low, and preparing it to fresh to order really made the dish.

It would be worth another stay in Morro Bay just to go to Frankie and Lolas for breakfast on our next trip out. Make it a destination on your next trip to the area, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank sporteus
Camarillo, California
“Nice twist on plain old dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a nice surprise. Every dish has something extra added. Phillo crust under the scrambles, herbed cream cheese, etc. Lots to choose from and a fun atmosphere. There was a long wait to get a seat, but it was worth it! Even with a crowd, the service was good. And another nice view of the bay!

California
“Great Breakfast--traditional and "with a twist"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Frankie and Lola's location was within walking distance of our hotel. The seating is in short supply, but since we went pretty early, we didn't have to wait long. Service was pretty fast and definitely friendly. The food choices included some traditional fare as well as some interesting twists. I had the "preppie"--which had ham, scrambled egg, brie and cranberry chutney on toasted sourdough bread. It came with some deep fried home fries. All of it was so delicious. The fries were just the right crunchy and not greasy. One of my traveling companions had the french toast, which was like I'd never seen--more like a bread pudding with caramel. We all had to have a taste and it was out of this world. My husband had the corned beef hash--made with real corned beef (not the stuff out of the can). It was good, but the beef was a bit dried out and there was no salt added. I'm not used to paying for breakfast out, so it seemed a bit pricey, but you do get big portions (I saved half of mine for another day). I would recommend trying Frankie and Lola's because the food was unique and homemade.

Lakeside, California, United States
“Good Eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice little place for hearty breakfast. Pretty busy and wait was a bit long for service but the food was great and plentiful. We always share and had enuf left over for a snack. Great variety and will be back next time in town.

• Visited October 2013