“Fantastic Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Morris County, New Jersey
“Fantastic Breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

To look at this place from the outside - I probably would not have stopped but for the reviews on Trip Advisor. It certainly lived up to the reviews. The waitress/service was wonderful and the food was GREAT. My Wife had the Green Tomato Eggs Benedict served over yellow grits. I had the best pancakes I have had in a long while along with some terrific turkey sausage. Don't miss this place if you are in the Morrow Bay area.

• Korean first
St. Paul, Minnesota
“Awesome breakfast”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We got vouchers for a free entree at a few different places but read good reviews about Frankie and Lola's. Right across the street from the waterfront, this place had some generic breakfast options and some very California ones as well. We went for the non-generic options and were not disappointed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Prices were very reasonable; without the vouchers our meal, plus two drinks, would have been under $20.

Definitely stop by here for breakfast on your way out.

Visited August 2013
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great but massive ...”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

...brunch
Orations. If you're European one main serves two. That said, good honest tasty food...a great brunch spot with awesome service...not to be miased

Visited August 2013
Fairbury, Illinois, United States
“More than enough food for 2”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Got our dining coupons from our stay at the Beach Bungalow and Suites. What a great gift. Got to Frankie's early on a Saturday morning and it filled up fast. The pancakes were bigger than the plate. The french toast was more like bread pudding and was to die for. A bottomless cup of coffee and fresh juice and this was a diner's paradise.

Fairfield, California
“Wanted to Like It”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had read the reviews for Frankie and Lola's and was excited to try it. We had a short wait and I did feel for the waitresses who were extremely busy and moving every second. We were seated outside just shortly before another table of three people (we were also three people). The bottom line is we ended up waiting a good 45 minutes for our food while the other table had already eaten and had their bill and were leaving when we got our food. (Same waitress) My kids thought it was because they were not white. I think it was because I asked for a spoon for my coffee. The other table didn't have to ask as they got silverware.

So by the time we got the food we weren't feeling so happy. We ended up being rushed as we had reservations to Hearst Castle. Anyway the food was good. The pancakes were huge, basic breakfast good. My chilaquiles were initially disappointing. I'm used to them being mixed with crisp chips. The chips at the bottom were soggy and not so great. The chorizo was too much and the scrambled eggs were really a huge blob of eggs. However, after getting rid of the chorizo, cutting up my eggs, excepting there were no crunchy chips, it was really quite good. Salsa and probably the left over taste of the chorizo made them really good. More like an omelette.

Would I go again. I'm afraid to after such bad treatment. Hopefully it will be better for you.