“Avoid!”

Dining options: Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Irvine, California
“Avoid!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our group of 12 asked if we could have a table if only one of us we eating. The rest of us ordered a variety of drinks. They said it was just fine. THIRTY-FIVE MINUTES later two of us had iced tea. Period. Then three or four white wines arrived and one was completely spilled down the back of one of our party--the only person who had ordered food. About 5 minutes later the food and the rest of the drinks arrived. One glass was chipped. The servers stood around talking to each other. Since we were a large group 18% tip was added to the bill so we weren't even able to show our displeasure there. They need to go to customer service school!!!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Margot C

Georgia
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow, there are a lot of terrible reviews for this place on tripadvisor! I'm not going to write one, though, because my family and I just had a good lunch there last week. We were visiting the area for the first time and wanted to have lunch someplace on the water, and their lunch menu looked okay, so we tried it. It was not very crowded at all, so our server didn't have many other parties to worry about, so our service was great. We ordered clam chowder, fish and chips, and burgers, and everything was tasty and brought to the table hot and fresh. My kids enjoyed watching the sea lions swimming around outside the window, and our service was quick and friendly. We had a really good experience here and based on it could recommend it to others.

• Visited June 2013
Las Vegas
“Lunch = Good. Dinner = Okay.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here with a cousin over the weekend. I ordered fish, calamari & chips. Generous portion sizes. Decent prices. Server offered samples of different beers for me to choose one I liked. I went with the Hazelnut Brown draft. Beer was ice cold and delicious. The fried food was a tasty rare treat.
Dinner two nights later was fine, but not as consistent as the previous visit. The hush-puppies were okay, but they had the consistency of dough balls. Really chewy and strange. I ordered the same Hazelnut Brown draft, but the server brought me a pale ale instead. I tried to make this known to her, but she seemed extremely busy with a table of five. So, I drank it and the beer tasted flat and lacked significant flavor. I ordered Salmon with rice and vegetables which was decent.
Overall the Embarcadero Grill is a decent place to eat if you're not too picky about food. If you're hungry...this is the place for you. If you want wine and romance...look elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Do not go here”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place is nothing short of horrendous. Everything is microwaved and tasteless, and the service is bad. The view was nice but you can get the same view from countless other restaurants on the same street. After reading all the other reviews we are now hoping we don't get sick. We had such a bad time that we went to another restaurant (that had good reviews) for dessert to make ourselves feel better. As stated in other reviews, the beer list is great... but they they don't actually have most of them. I ordered a beer on the menu but was later told they didn't have it. The waiter bought back a revised menu with over two thirds of the beers crossed out. I ordered a 12% Pilsner off the menu, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist, and they bought me a Weissbier. They have no idea what they're up to. Please please do yourselves a favour and don't go here, no matter how hungry you are. It is awful. Full stop. We have eaten in around 40 restaurants since we began our trip around the US and nowhere else has come even close to being this bad.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Liz P
Palmdale, California
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was a great place to eat. I recommend "Early Bird Dinner" if able to - only $17.50 for dinner and dessert. I had the tri-tip (enough for 2 people) and hubby had the ribs - AWESOME!!! The Wedge Salad that comes with the dinner is unbelievable - in a good way! The meat and veggies were cooked to perfection. Great service!!! We'll be back.

Visited May 2013