“Gluten free entrees”

DiStasio's on the Bay
Ranked #61 of 103 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Beautiful setting overlooking the Rock, the Bay and the Embarcadero. Panoramic view. Every seat has a view and the fireplace adds that cozy feeling. We offer a separate Gluten-Free menu with over 10 entrees. DiStasio's has been in business on the central coast for 17+ years.
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Great views, location, and service. Gf menu with 12 or so entrees. Eggplant and scampi dishes delicious. My Gf pasta was undercooked and chicken was over cooked.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

It was Pizza Tuesday (long story here), and we were on the hunt for the Nibble Nook (Yup, that’s the name) Pizzeria in Morro Bay. Couldn’t find it, even with GPS, so we ended up at this great full service restaurant we had never been to called DiStasio’s with a fantastic view of Morro Rock and the Bay with the ocean just beyond the sand dunes. The appetizer-sized cheese pie was scrumptious as were the pasta dishes (rigatoni stuffed with feta cheese, cannelloni, and manicotti). Family owned and operated, the menu is extensive and everything is fresh and homemade! Service was friendly, professional and efficient and prices are very reasonable. We lingered over the last glasses of Orvieto as the sun began to set behind the Rock, and got a “dessert” better than anything we could have ordered from the menu...Mother Nature paints some unbelievable pictures. Recommend including sunset in timing your visit here!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I suspect the family of the owner has been writing reviews. The pace has not been updated since 1970. The service and food was about the same. We ad a much better dinner with much better service across the street at Dorn's.

Santangelo11, Owner at DiStasio's on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hello Suzette, my name is Mark. My parents and I own DiStasio's.

I got home Friday night and saw your review and I was disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit with us. I was working that night and you probably saw me or my Dad in the dining room. I only wish that you would have told us about any problems you had so we could have addressed them. I do of course wonder what you ate or where we failed you in service so we can improve and I apologize that it happened at all!

I assure you that none of the reviews were written by family. It is unfortunate that you feel that way. Generally we don't hear of many people that don't enjoy their experience with us and when we do, if they give us another chance (if they tell us) they almost always walk away happy. That being said, I know we won’t be able to please everyone, but our aim is to try! If you are ever back in the area we would certainly welcome an opportunity to please you this time.

After being vacant for over 12 years, we leased this property 3 years ago and did bring in a designer and totally renovated the whole restaurant. It was also totally renovated on the exterior. We combined our 2 existing restaurants (over 17 years on the central coast) into this location.. As a family owned and operated Italian restaurant, personal comfort and good food are our objectives. Anyhow, I do hope we will see you again sometime, just ask for me and mention trip advisor.
Sincerely
Mark (DiStasio) MacMillan

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great view of the water and excellent italian food is a winning combination. Fabulous marinara sauce made my calzone even tastier. Lasagna and ravioli were good but the calzone was outstanding. Good value.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The food was good but the prices were a bit high for what you get, for the price I expected a little more upscale.