“Good food / poor cleaning”

DiStasio's on the Bay
Ranked #61 of 103 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Beautiful setting overlooking the Rock, the Bay and the Embarcadero. Panoramic view. Every seat has a view and the fireplace adds that cozy feeling. We offer a separate Gluten-Free menu with over 10 entrees. DiStasio's has been in business on the central coast for 17+ years.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited last week and although we liked the food the silverware had to be wiped before using because of bad water spots which we didn't complain about but later we were served with a very dirty cup. The waiter was nice and replaced the item but we won't be back.

Santangelo11, Owner at DiStasio's on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I am so very sorry that you encountered some water spotted silverware. We do try to keep our dishwashing detergents and water softeners balanced and watch for anything like that before it gets out of the dishwashing area.

As for the cup, that should never happen. Unfortuantely it does happen on very rare occasion and it gets to the table. Again, I am sorry about that and your comment helps us in our diligence to stop it from happening again.

Ken & Mark Father/Son owners

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We liked the way we were greeted, then seated, and then our server promptly address us and then asked if we would like a refreshment before dinner. I had the rib-eye steak and my wife had the halabut, both were cooked as ordered. Beautiful window side table with a view of Morro Bay and the Rock.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is awesome! The view, the food and the service are outstanding! The owner even comes around to check on his customers, which I thought was very nice and make us feel special.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a Gabbiano Chianti but sent back the dried up antipasto. My wife's Chicken Marsala was mediocre. Good beer and wine, no liquor.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We liked this restaurant so much we went back two nights in a row. I had the sausage and spaghetti meal the first night and my dad had chicken marsala. He raved about the sauce and I loved my meal as well. It was real Italian food, not something you'd get in a chain Italian restaurant for example. The second night I had veal parmesan and he had the halibut, which was a lighter meal, not really recommended if you are really hungry but good if you want something light. We loved DiStasio's for their real Italian food. The service was good, the wait staff were polite and helpful, and the view was great although the sun was very intense and they had to put down the blinds so the sun wasn't in our eyes, you could still see the rock through them. Very much recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Italian food.