“DiStasio's so good, we went back twice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DiStasio's on the Bay

DiStasio's on the Bay
Ranked #71 of 97 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful setting overlooking the Rock, the Bay and the Embarcadero. Panoramic view. Every seat has a view and the fireplace adds that cozy feeling. We offer a separate Gluten-Free menu with over 10 entrees. DiStasio's has been in business on the central coast for 17+ years.
SF_California
“DiStasio's so good, we went back twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We liked this restaurant so much we went back two nights in a row. I had the sausage and spaghetti meal the first night and my dad had chicken marsala. He raved about the sauce and I loved my meal as well. It was real Italian food, not something you'd get in a chain Italian restaurant for example. The second night I had veal parmesan and he had the halibut, which was a lighter meal, not really recommended if you are really hungry but good if you want something light. We loved DiStasio's for their real Italian food. The service was good, the wait staff were polite and helpful, and the view was great although the sun was very intense and they had to put down the blinds so the sun wasn't in our eyes, you could still see the rock through them. Very much recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Italian food.

Visited May 2013

Pomona, California, United States
“Good Italian food, great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I went to DiStasio's on our recent trip to Morro Bay. The menu was primarily northern italian dishes with a lot of good choices. We both chose to have ravioli. She ordered the beef ravioli and I ordered the cheese ravioli and we shared each other's dishes. The marinara sauce which is their own recipe was very good. We asked the server for a wine recommendation and she suggested a pinot noir which was quite good. The prices were reasonable and the service was good. Most tables are by the window which provides a great view of the bay and Morro rock.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Think Fear Factor save your money the morning after will not be worth it, a bucket at the table would be!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Family recipe for the marinara was soooo salty it was corrosive. The eggplant parmigiana was more breaking than eggplant. The mozzarella melted on top in a microwave caused the eggplant to become watery in the middle and crunchy on the edge.
The linguine primavera was was not fresh from the garden. The linguine had the flavor of stink beetles. The vegetables were so far from fresh that they were almost not palatable.
As a 28 year resident of Morro Bay I would have expected more from a local restaurant that has a farming region so proximate.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Monterey
“Great to have this place open”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been coming down to Morro Bay for some time and remember this place was closed for a long time. It is right next door to Dorn's. The food is really good. I had the night's special which was penne pasta with chicken in a Vodka Sauce. I usually eat an entire plate of pasta like this, but in this case, I had to take some home. The prices are very reasonable. I will be back for sure.

Visited April 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Fantastic and a change of pace!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I had been travelling south down the coast from San Francisco and wanted to try something different than another seafood restaurant. Our hotel host suggestion Italian at DiStasio's on the Bay. What a fantastic meal and experience! We ordered a salad and pizza. The salad was excellent and the pizza was too. The ingredients were very fresh and so tasty. The table next to us ordered lasagna and we heard them raving about that as well.

The service was very courteous and efficient and our table, as most of the tables in the restaurant, had a wonderful view out toward the bay and Morro Rock. Two other great things: first, we thought the music was so very beautiful and relaxing and helped to provide such a great atmosphere for a wonderful meal. Also, after paying through our nose to eat seafood restaurants down the coast, we thought the the prices here were very reasonable.

I highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely eat here next time we are in Morro Bay!

• Visited April 2013