We stayed here during a holiday weekend when we returned home to celebrate the holidays with our local family. While the room was clean, the shower had some stray hairs and extremely small bath towels. My wife is a petite woman (105 pounds with rocks in both her pockets) and couldn't wrap the bath towel around herself. The room was functional. Fortunately we didn't have to spend too much time on premises or in the room.
We had several complaints -
- the gate and courtyard area had a urine aroma. It smelled like bleach splashed around to cover the urine aroma - unfortunately it did not work. Would assume it was from other guests pets or the on site managers dog.
- Second complaint, anytime we walked through the gate, there was a finger that was lifting the on site managers room shades. Nothing like being stalked as you return to your room. Rather creepy.
- Third, my wife and I were going for a walk in the evening, and being from the Central Coast area we know that some evenings, especially in November, December and January, you do not need a jacket. I had the room door open and told my wife in a normal speaking voice that she did not need a heavier jacket for our walk. The on site manager YELLED - yes - literally YELLED at me to be quiet as it was after the 10 pm Quiet Hours. If I am not mistaken, she made more noise than I did by informing my wife she did not need a jacket. I'm not mistaken.
- Fourth, we received a phone call (IMMEDIATELY) after we returned to our room the following night reminding us to 'BE QUIET'. Please see the above comments about being stalked to your room.
- Fifth, the on site manager sat in the darkened office when my wife went to ask a question. She was rude and dismissive to my lovely bride stating "I've been sitting here the entire time waiting for you to say something". That is frightening. Wouldn't you think to ask a guest, a customer (the reason you are in business) how you could help them? Again, creepy. Would question the mental status of the on site manager.
- Sixth, the on site manager was walking her snarling growling dog when another guests child (I would guess about 5 years old) approached the dog and the on site manager YELLED (again, yep) at the child to "GET AWAY FROM THE DOG, DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU BETTER". Um, wow. Nice customer relations with your guests children.
I'm sure this review will be flagged and responded to with some justification that we were in the wrong. Please take the time to review the other negative reviews and all the justification. Seems odd that the owner/manager would have to dedicate so much time responding to reviews if it is the customer is in error. Yelp is not the only review site that the owner/manager responds with their justifications.
Oh yes, rarely do locals recommend this establishment to their out of town guests. Not a surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront 16 Unit 2 story walk up Motel Revival, quaint,on Morro Bay's Embarcadero. Walk to beach, harbor, all entertainment, restaurants, and shopping. Many upper floor rooms have spectacular views of Harbor, and Morro Rock. Limited rooms Pet Friendly with additional fee. No smoking facility. Room Amenities: flat screen TVs, Keurig Coffee Makers, Sm Refrig, Hair Dryer, bottled water, juice packs, snacks, Expanded cable TV & HBO. Light continental breakfast each morning includes hard boiled eggs, cereals, bread for toasting, etc., Along with freshly baked cinnamon buns. Special rates and packages available all seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Bayfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Hotel Morro Bay