I stayed for one night while driving from SF to LA along the Pacific Coast Highway. I arrived much later than I planned due to all the stops on the way and had to ring the night bell at about 9.30ish. The lady at the desk was very nice about it though and I felt very welcome. I would definitely consider staying here again if I ever come back to Morro Bay.
1) Location - right by the rock. Plenty of cafes around, and parking right outside.
2) Rooms - I had an upstairs room where pets weren't allowed. It seemed reasonably big to me so I'm not sue where the issues other people raised with the room size came from. I thought the complimentary water, salt water taffy etc was a nice touch - I didn't end up taking any of the goodies as I was exhausted and basically went straight to bed though.
I didn't have any issues with other people's pets, there were lots of dogs about but they were all well behaved.
3) Ambience - the street by the rock is dead quiet at night. I arrived on a Saturday night, and there wasn't a soul in sight. The barking of the sea lions was clearly audible in my room (this lost some of its charm when they kept going till 12.30am or so, but "kept awake by sea lions" is a pretty unique experience)
4) Decent breakfast selection with oatmeal etc - I didn't try the sticky buns from next door but there was a good bit of food there to kick off the day with.
1) I would have preferred a bit more lighting in the room. I did get the impression in the US that ceiling lighting isn't fashionable and people generally scatter a bunch of lamps around the room, so perhaps it's just a local difference.
2) Bit pricey in the high season, but so was everything else in Morro Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront 16 Unit 2 story walk up Motel Revival, quaint,on Morro Bay's Embarcadero. Walk to beach, harbor, all entertainment, restaurants, and shopping. Many upper floor rooms have spectacular views of Harbor, and Morro Rock. Limited rooms Pet Friendly with additional fee. No smoking facility. Room Amenities: flat screen TVs, Keurig Coffee Makers, Sm Refrig, Hair Dryer, bottled water, juice packs, snacks, Expanded cable TV & HBO. Light continental breakfast each morning includes hard boiled eggs, cereals, bread for toasting, etc., Along with freshly baked cinnamon buns. Special rates and packages available all seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Hotel Morro Bay