“Great value, clean and quiet”
Review of Bayfront Inn

Bayfront Inn
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here June 13-15, 2012 with my 2 teenage kids. Checked in early with Jan, the friendly desk attendant. My son and I shared the twin beds room and my daughter had room #8 with a queen bed. The beds are clean and comfortable. Yes, the rooms are not spacious, but as the hotel manager stated in his replies here on Trip Advisor, their website says this fact quite clearly. Why the fuss over the size of rooms is beyond me. You're on vacation, get out and see the sites!
The value you get for all the perks of a nice staff and little extras is well worth every penny. You get a coupon for a cinnamon roll from the coffee shop next door, you can ride the city trolley for free by showing your room key, the rooms are stocked with bottled waters, Capri Suns, and candies and salt water taffy. There are two seated areas which enclosed, for guests to sit and lounge. We sat there one day to enjoy our pizza that we ordered for take out.
The galley/guest kitchen has complimentary teas, coffee, waffles, fresh fruit, assorted oatmeal packets, a microwave and eating utensils..........
I was a little spooked about the pets/dogs welcome policy because I don't really like dogs and don't really want to have other people's dogs up close and personal while I am on a vacation. BUT, this hotel professionally has a strict noise rule for guests and it shows; my visit was not disturbed by pets at all. The only noise we experienced was short and that was when a couple checked in above our room on the second level on Wednesday, and were a little noisy when they came back around midnight. But that was minimal, not the hotel's fault, and reminded me that next time I can ask for a second floor room to avoid this from happening again.
Again, this is a clean and comfortable facility, with great location and service! I would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GaryMon

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Yes, our room was a little on the dinky side, but we fit into it no problem. The breakfast was OK, and they gave us a coupon for cinnamon rolls from the little restaurant adjoining the property. We had a dog and cat, and this was nice lodging for animals. Best of all was the location near the fishing boats and waterfront eating & drinking places. It's a nice easy stroll down to the big rock and park one way, and into the trinket district the other way. Highly recommended if you don't mind the feel of a 50s/60s motel.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

There was no time enough to perform any comment. But I think the hotel is advisable for those need a good bed in a quiet location, when traveling from Los Angeles to San Francisco, or vice versa, through the California Highway 1.

1  Thank LuizItu_SP
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Good:

Location is right by the water and a short hop to some beautiful beaches, great seafood restaurants, and cool shops.

Free breakfast included cinnamon buns, pop tarts, oatmeal, tea and coffee, and also there are some tasty snacks that are included in the room. There is a microwave if you need anything heated.

The staff was/were great. I couldn't tell if two similar looking ladies ran the place or just one who changed clothes often, but they printed some stuff for me and were friendly. Internet was good, and there was more tv channel variety than I had expected.

The Bad:
If you have dog allergies I would be careful as, even though you can book pet free rooms, the hotel is very focused on pet-owning clientele. The room was small and I also found a wierd bug (outside). That's about it.

Conclusion:
I recommend staying here and checking out Morro bay as it was a really cool little community!

Room Tip: Check out their website for monthly specials
1  Thank grrraham
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A perfect little place to stay across from the big rock at Morro Bay. Friendly , clean, even real cinnamon buns FREE from next door in the morning (a nice unique place to eat too!)
Pets are also welcome in some rooms. Perfect and affordable.

Room Tip: Room 10 upstairs two queen size beds
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location for a decent price. When my Fiance and arrived the gentleman at the front desk was welcoming and friendly. Rooms are small but most of your time is spent either outside on their very nice patio with comfortable patio furniture or on Embarkadero shopping. They give complentry snacks, juices, and bottle water in your room to enjoy. Thats not to mention the voucher they give you for some nice hot tasty cinnamon rolls from the bakery next door. I loved this hotel because they are eco and pet friendly. everytime I go to the Morro bay area this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend with our puppy and were very pleased with our stay. The rooms are small, but cozy and very clean. The staff was very friendly and were more than accommodating to our puppy. I loved the dog treats that they give at check in as well as the doggy blankets they provide and food bowls.

I really enjoyed the FREE fresh cinnamon rolls from the small cafe next door (they were delicious!!) There are also a lot of very good restaurants within walking distance to the inn. I did not notice any noise pollution from the harbor that other reviewers had issues with. I enjoyed the proximity to the harbor and the shops there. There are multiple places to eat literally next door to the Inn which I thought was really convenient. The complimentary cold water and salt water taffy was a very nice touch too.

You really can't beat the price; I felt we got a good bargain for what was available to us. I would definitely stay here again, and our puppy loved it!

Room Tip: You can go online and see pictures of the exact room you book!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
attherock, General Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you so much for these comments. We try hard to please our guests.