With plans for a whale watching trip out of the Morro Bay harbor on a mid-week day in January 2014, my wife and I researched moderately priced hotels in that town. As rated and commented on by Trip Advisor contributors, the pickings seemed fairly slim. That is, until we came across the Embarcadero Inn. With the benefit of booking mid-week in January, for a price equivalent to that at a standard Best Western, we enjoyed one of that Inn's bests rooms, a king with fireplace and, from the comfortable balcony, a full "ocean" view ( really the salt water bay on the harbor side of the large sand bar just offshore, but, with sailboats at anchor and the iconic Morro Rock in the background, a very nice view ). In this regard, we followed the advice of some TA contributors and made sure that the reserved room was on the 3rd floor, for the best view bang for our buck. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom, fine. The self-serve breakfast in the third floor breakfast room down the outdoors corridor was simple but adequate for the price; predominantly cold "continental" offerings, with a waffle maker. Parking in the semi-underground garage under the Inn is free and convenient to the elevator to the rooms. The front desk staff were efficient and friendly, happy to provide views on local dining choices. For dinner, we opted for, and highly recommend The Galley, a few short blocks down the street from the Inn. However, contrary to the assurance provided by one of the front desk staff, reservations were definitely needed, even at mid-week in January. We plan to return to Morro Bay as a stop on one or more of our numerous trips up the CA coast from our home in the greater LA area. Again for whale watching and also for birding in the wildlife preserve close to town. We will gladly return to the Embarcadero Inn as a moderately priced ( even in higher seasons ), clean, comfortable, very well located hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pleasure, serenity and relaxation await you at the newly redesigned and renovated 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites. Enjoy the tranquility of one of our 33 boutique guestrooms with vistas of Morro Bay Estuary, Morro Rock, the Sandspit and the Pacific Ocean. The Family owned and operated inn is uniquely located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay, California and is pleased to provide pet friendly accommodations. Our guests enjoy strolling to Morro Rock, beaches, parks, shops, restaurants and along the bay to discover beauty and nature. Just minutes to Hearst Castle, Cal Poly, Central Coast Wineries, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and Montana De Oro State Park, our tranquil rooms and suites, superb service and attention to our guests needs will ensure your visit to Morro Bay is delightful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Hotel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Motel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Inn Morro Bay