“Excellent Mexican Food”

Taco De Mexico
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 14, 2016

This place looked a bit dodgy at first but the smell drew us in. The man at the till (maybe the owner?) was really welcoming and helped us with ordering. We eat a great deal of Mexican food, but the burritos with rice and beans were some of the best we have every had; the Chili Releno was also very good. Although we were staying 20 miles away, we came back the following day for lunch again. This place is great - and inexpensive. However, it's not fast food, come before the lunch rush.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

I think I may have ordered the wrong thing because I found the tacos to be just ok but the line was out the door and every booth in the place was filled. They clearly have more to offer than I was able to see. I would try them again but wouldn't order the beef or chicken tacos again.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Personal standby as the go-to Mexican place locally. Very inexpensive for the quality and authenticity, and ample portions. The place looks a little 50's sketchy, but is the real thing. usually a bit of a line, but mostly take-out.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

This place is a staple on the Central Coast. They've got the best bean and cheese burritos ever! Highly recommended for the budget traveler that needs a filling meal for little cash. A local classic!

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

First, this place isn't much to look at inside. However, the young woman who took our order was AWESOME! She explained each item to us without hesitation. The burritos were great, full of meat! The tacos are soft shell and the "pastor" was excellent. The hot sauce is holy hot, be warned! The salsa had a hint of smoky flavor to it, but was delicious. We took ours to go and my only complaint would be packaging. My enchiladas were on a plastic plate along with rice and beans and I almost lost it all when the plate gave. Tacos were $2.50 each, enchiladas were $9 for the meal. Very reasonable and tasty!