“Lost faith in service”

Rosy's At The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosy's At The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Morgan Hill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd/3rd
Description: Rosy's at the Beach is located in beautiful Downtown Morgan Hill. We specialize in seafood but have an extensive menu featuring many items sure to please any taste.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First, this place is not at the beach, which we knew. My husband ask the waitress how it got it's name. Evidently Rosy was a beach volleyball player and was often "at the beach". I ordered the fish and chips. The white fish was flaky and moist, the batter crispy and not oily. My husband had the Salmon Tacos with fresh salsa and avocado which were very good but light on the avocado. The waitress at first was friendly and attentive. We were disappointed after the meals arrived our waitress disappeared. She visited the neighboring table three times to see how they were doing and ignored us. She didn't glance at us or she would have caught us trying to flag her down for a drink refill.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here based on local recommendations. We heeded the recommendations and arrived early for dinner. We didn't have much of a wait, but parking was difficult to find.

I got the fish tacos (prawns) and a cup of chowder. Both were very tasty, and I did not have to play the usual game I am forced to play at many seafood places: "Find the shrimp" and "Find the Clams". Each had a satisfactory amount of their respective ingredients, and were freshly made. My youngest, having been talked out of the burger (because you don't get a burger in a seafood joint), was very satisfied with her fried prawns to the point where she only reluctantly gave daddy a taste to verify their tastiness. Wifey got the fish and chips, which were also quite tasty. Light, not too oily, although slightly contaminiated with malt vinegar (which is what the Mrs. likes, instead of the proper tartar sauce).

When we pass through again on another garlic run, we'll be stopping by.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We decided to forego the out of town vendors at Mushroom Mardi Gras today and walked over to Monterey Road where we had a wonderful lunch at Rosy's. My husband got the club chicken sandwich. It was on pannini bread and included bleu cheese and some other yummy-looking ingredients. I have a hard time ordering anything except Salmon Tacos since I love love love them so much. The 2 tacos have broiled salmon and crunchy coleslaw in double wrappers of corn tortillas. Black beans and rice are on the side. Our waitress was cheerful and efficient. When you go there you can see the award from the Mercury News for Best Fish Tacos.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Terrific fish tacos and seared Ahi dinner salad. House wine was very good and fairly priced. Busy Sat night, but they fit us in and gave great service.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were 100 miles out of town, driving around and looking for a nice meal. There was a great crowd outside that attracted our attention. It happened to be Taco Tuesday (Salmon Taco's) and the place was packed. We didn't have reservations, but the hostess, Toni, was very gracious. She made sure we didn't have to wait long and got us a great table. Eddie, our waiter, was personable and gave us excellent service. Those were the best darn tacos we ever had, (and we live in Cabo 4-5 months each year) huge chunks of salmon smothered in a salsa we agreed we have to go back for. What do I have to do to get the secret recipe?