“Quaint little restaurant”

Orlando, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint little restaurant”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant occupies a former home, thus it is quaint by nature. The servers are from the old country and were quite attentive when I stopped in by myself for dinner on Friday, Nov 9th. I actually enjoyed the somewhat cramped and busy atmosphere, as it reminded me of the many small restaurants that I've enjoyed in Europe. I had the tortellini soup, crab ravioli with a spicey marinara and a side of sausage. The serving sizes were proportional to price and all were very flavorful. The bread was also quite tastey. If you are looking for a quiet and spacious place that spends a lot on decor, this is not your place. If you simply want a tasty meal and not feel as if you are making a small investment, then give it a shot. I found it quite enjoyable.

When driving down the main strip on my way out of town I noticed that an Italian restaurant was virtually empty. SIB was anything but empty.

Morgan Hill, California
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate here last Saturday afternoon at 5pm, and were fortunate to get the last table for two. We watched at least five groups get turned away after we arrived because they had no reservations. The restaurant is not large, but the food is excellent. The tomato sauce is made fresh onsite, and you taste the difference. The have an extensive menu with many pasta dishes, as well as several beef and chicken items. As soon as we sat down, we were served a plate of bruschetta as a complimentay appetizer, and our server spent time chatting with us, rather than just taking our order and vanishing. There were several men overseeing the guests to make sure everyone was taken care of, and I think this is a family run business. We did not have dessert, but our entrees were very good. We clearly noticed the pride in their business of all the employees. Highly recommeded! Be sure to make reservations.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
“Very Nice but Over Priced”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I made reservations and stopped by after a swim meet early Saturday evening.

We really enjoyed the meal, but agreed that it was not worth the price we paid. The only negative was the waiter who decided to touch my daughter's hair. I didn't care for that too much but the meal was great.

The deserts leave a little to be desired int the authentic department but we don't get canolli everyday. Would I return? You betcha!

• Visited September 2012
Morgan Hill, California
“Gentle Sicilian - top Ingredients”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a small but wonderful place that serves meals with top Olive Oil, Tomatoes, Cheeses and Meats. Everything is gentle but tasty with a wonderful chef right out of Good Guys

Visited August 2012
Triad, NC
“I'm Not Sure It Is Sicily, But Food Is Good”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

A family run Italian restaurant. I always eat 1 meal when staying in the Gilroy/Morgan Hill area. Food is good. Pasta dishes reasonbly priced. the owner and staff are friendly.

On the downside, I wish the menu would change every once in a while. I think the selections have remained the same for 5 years. There is always a packed house, so what do I know?

The restaurant is small and cozy. Call ahead for reservations. And they will cork a bottle of wine you bring for a fee.

Visited July 2012