Economy Inn Morgan Hill
$219
$197
Priceline
$110
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I should have known not to stay here this past week considering I stayed at this very hotel 2 years ago and experienced the exact same situation - BED BUGS!

Two years ago my then boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel and while I personally did not experience any BED BUG bites - my boyfriend did. He was covered and when I say covered - I mean covered with bites. He went to the hospital not knowing at the time what the bites where from. The hospital informed us that he has experience severe BED BUG bites and prescribed him antibotics and a sterroid cream. It was awful! We informed the older gentleman at the front desk and he offered to move us to another room; we moved to another room and had the same problem.

On Sept 21, 2011 (two years later) - my husband and I checked into this hotel. While I knew of my previous experience with the bug problem here - I assumed they had taken care of the problem seeing that it was two years later - NOT! We checked into Room 116 and on the first night I was biten by BED BUGS and immediately knew that the problem still exist. There were only a couple of bites so I decided to tough it out - only because the hotel was within our budget. After a few more days at the hotel the bites got worse. The older gentleman at the front desk moved us to Room 120. I washed all of our clothes, moved the bed into the middle of the floor, and purchased some BED BUG spray in hopes of fixing the bug problem our room. At 1:30am we were awakened by bugs biting us. At this point I had had enough. We called the front desk to inform them that we could no longer stay there and begin packing our things. We took pictures of the bugs crawling in the bed, on the sides of the mattress and all over the pillows. The older man came into the room to check things out and "appeared" to be surprised but I knew was aware of the bug problem that his hotel has had for two years now. He offered to give us our money back for that day only and we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.... THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM BUT APPARENTLY IS NOT WILLING TO SPEND THE NECESSARY MONIES TO FIX IT..... If you stay here - EXPECT to be bitten all over your body from BED BUGS...

Sorry for the long story short but I am truly concerned about all future guest and plan to take action against this. No one should have to be subjected to this - its cruel to treatment to know that there is a serious bug problem in the hotel and still allow guest to stay there - knowing they will be bitten by BED BUGS!

Room Tip: Both rooms had Bed Bugs: Room 116 and Room 120
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StayA712
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Fairly decent for a short stay (one or two nights). Paid less than $40/night. Has everything you expect from motel chains like Motel 6. Front desk staff speak shaky English. Internet speed was fine. Room was clean and recently renovated I think. Bed was clean and comfy. TV was awkwardly positioned high up on a mount and it was a tube-TV which made me think twice every time I wanted to cross under it!

For the price, there's little to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2009

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by Terri 11/07/2009
This place is beyond rediculous. First of all they cant understand proper english. I made a reservation online through expedia for this place and many other hotels because I was driving across country. For some reason they decided to charge my credit card a month ahead of time. I called explaining that they shouldnt charge someone until they actually stay at the hotel. I ended up canceling the reservation, 2 days before the actual date, and they still charged me a full night because I didnt cancel 3 days ahead of time. Rediculous, every single other hotel or motel says you must cancel 24 hours ahead of time and there will be no penalty, but I guess this place does anything to make some money.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank calicowgirl1700
Reviewed October 3, 2008

It was my first visit to the Economy Inn, and I found it to be a surprise. After reading the reviews here, I expected worse, but I'd put it right up there with inexpensive motel chains, like Motel 6, EconoLodge, and Vagabond Inn.

A bit of a drive to find it, because it is not on any main road, but the country setting may be to your liking. The desk person was kind and interesting to talk to. The room with queen-size bed was average size but clean, well-painted, and with niceties like granite countertops, tiled bathroom floors, double-paned windows, a microwave oven, a large mini-fridge, and an available washing machine and dryer. A few spots on the carpet and noise from the nearby truck operations; however, those truck noises ceased after midnight. There were no dressers or closets in which to store clothes and other items. One painting on the wall was the sole decoration. Overall, I'd rate Economy Inn tied with Motel 6, with EconoLodge at the top and Vagabond Inn at the bottom of the inexpensive motel chains.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Overall satisfaction - Very low
I stayed at this hotel while attending the Gilroy Garlic Festival. The room was clean, but other than that, it was very unsatisfactory. The air conditioning didn't work very well at all. It looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to it. The towels in the bathroom were very thin, and extremely small. The sheet on the bottom mattress was a flat sheet, not fitted, and it came off during the night.
There weren't nearly all the ammenities that are listed for it. No iron, or ironing board.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008