Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgan Hill/San Jose Area
$149
$134
$98
$110
All reviewscontinental breakfastqueen suitebagelsstaff was friendlygreat customer servicesan josefresh fruitclean roomsianratesfreeway
Reviewed September 20, 2012

i stayed two weeks at a pretty good price the room was nice clean and was cleaned every day comfortable bed most the staff is great very friendly it's right across 101 from Morgan hill down town so u hear the steady rumble off traffic but it's not bad

the only problem i had the ac wil not go below 69 degrees i love a ice cold room

Room Tip: the north side 3rd floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent weeks staying at the Microtel. Some things about it were OK. The office staff for the most part were pleasant . Price was mid 60s for a room with a microwave and refrigerator and a sitting area.
During my stay I made a few consecutive reservation through Priceline. THey took an imprint of my charge card when I first checked in. Then , the next couple of times I checked in for a new batch of nights, they knew me already. But the next time I made a new reservation , I believed that they would ask me for the card when I arrived home from work in the evening. What happened was something different. I received a panicked call from my son who was returning back to the room from a job assignment. The person at the front desk had locked him out of the room and would not even let him wait in the lobby. he did not have a credit card with him. I asked him to pass the phone to her. I explained to her that we had been staying there for a couple weeks already and that I thought she had our information in the computer. Amazingly, she demanded that I leave work immediately and present to her my credit card. I told her I thought that this was a bit unprofessional and not a way to treat a good customer. I told her I would come to the front desk when work was over.
When I arrived the manager was there . I presented my card. I told him that I thought I had been treated poorly and that it was very bad customer relations for the hotel. He promised to "make it up to me". Yeah, right. I am still waiting . He was a bit concerned that I would report him. I thought about it for a day and then told him that I was not about retribution, and I considered the matter to be over.
Suprise, surprise, two days later I arrived at my room in the evening to find two huge backs of dirty towels. They were caked with makeup. I went to the front desk and asked him what it was about. He responded that he was sure that a woman hotel customer who was staying in another room had been in my room with my son and I and that since "we had let her use the towels, that we would have to pay for them". I was in shock that he would take this tactic.

I reminded him that I had not reported the faux pa of his desk clerk treating my son badly. He responded, if I would forget that matter, that now he would not charge me for the towels. Now I could see that he was manipulating me! His name was Abel, by the way. I had a bad feeling about the hotel now and did not want to bring them any more business. Despite his representation that he would forget the towel matter, when I looked at my bank statement later on , I saw that he had charged my card for $100. Also, there was a $30 dollar charge on my card from the day we first checked in. I followed up with that and they told us that they had refunded the money to someone else. Despite that they would not fix their mistake. These people are not helping their business! If I was upper management, I would be asking some pointed questions. There was never any explanation about the late $100 charge.

Wait, there is more! The internet at this hotel was very slow and there was no security, no passkey, you just open the browser and use it. It was continually going up and down, barely usable. I asked for a room on a different floor to hopefully be closer to the router and get a better connection. I changed rooms but there was not any noticeable improvement. To add to that insult, I found out that in the succeeding weeks, someone had stolen my Priceline information and charged over $2000 in rooms and auto rentals using my charge card number.. I think that my identity information was taken during my stay at the Microtel while i had to use their lame non secure internet. By the way, we reported this to authorities, the crooks are being prosecuted, and they had been staying at the hotel while we were there!
I had mentioned the problems with the internet while I was at the hotel. The manager had a lame excuse that "We are looking for a new vendor". Probably not too hard to find an internet guy in the Silicon Valley, don't you think?
I remain unhappy about my experience at the Microtel. I am reciting my tale here so that others may be advised.
After I checked out and

Room Tip: Find a hotel with secure internet , if that is important to your stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank majhordan
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Check in was rough but that was our fault.. Or shall I say my fiances fault! The Manager did everything he could to fix it and finally we were checked in.
First glance of the room.. It was clean and spacious. We had a double bed room. I thought the room had a lot of space but most of the space was empty and unused. The bed was comfortable, the couch needs to be replaced. You can't even sit on it without sinking in, the pullout bed is also broken. The tv is practically on the ceiling and it's old. I couldn't hear the highway at all or our neighbors next to us, although I did hear someone above us.
Breakfast was very minimal, I would have liked to see a few healthy choices like fruit. Staff was great, I don't have any major complaints about this hotel.
I would like to see the rooms upgraded a bit.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Attending a family wedding, it was not easy to book a room anywhere near Gilroy because of the popular Garlic Festival, but through Priceline, I was able to get a room here. The room was on the small side, but it was plenty big for my needs, and it was clean. Nicky C's review represents the opposite of my experience to keep all this in balance.
The clerk at the desk even held my additional night room for 90 minutes while I made some last minute plans and they were near sell out. I consider that a generous task.
This hotel is very near plenty of choices of food in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but upon arrival we found our fears were unfounded. The property is in a row of hotels in Morgan Hill. The room was clean, and we already knew from experience that Microtel rooms are on the small side. The TV was an older model, but was fine for the amount of time we were in the room. We were traveling from San Francisco to southern California, and this was a convenient stop after taking the family to the SF airport. Check-in and check-out were efficient. This hotel fit our needs just fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family