“Great Place, Great Location”

Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our stay there was very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spacious and well kept. Nice to have full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove top. Breakfast was good and it's conveniently located to the freeway and lots of shopping and restaurants. We did not have any issues at all with parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RIMorganHill, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Spudbuc5,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and also for staying with us! I cannot wait to share your review with the entire team! If your travels bring you back to the Morgan Hill area we hope that you choose us again.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

First off, we paid for a room with a fireplace and did not get the room we were promised. When we asked the front desk, the woman who works there said "we just didnt give it to you. What do you need with a fireplace anyways?" Thats not the point, we paid more for it and they "just didnt give it to us." I ALWAYS make it a point to check all the windows to make sure they are locked and to close the blinds. We have a small child who sleeps in a room by herself and always check these things. I left to get food and came back, and the maids were in our room cleaning, despite having a sign that says we have a dog, do not enter. I checked the windows again right after they left and my childs windows were unlocked, halfway open and the screen was popped off the window and pushed into the bushes. I would have noticed this when I checked the first time if the window was wide open when we first got there. I do not know what was going through the maids' minds when they did this, but why else would you do this unless they were making it easier for someone else they know to come in and rob us. There were work computers and personal electronics that I was thinking would be safe in my hotel room while I was gone. Obviously, thats not the case. The manager, Joseph Dunzweiler, of course, played dumb. "Its not part of our protocol to clean the windows." CLEAN THE WINDOWS? THEY WERE PUSHED WIDE OPEN AND LEFT LIKE THAT. Not to mention, they didnt really do any cleaning. They threw our pillows on the floor and left them like that. Didnt make the beds or touch anything else. No clean towels either, so what else were they doing in there???

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Friendly staff, spacious rooms. Close to the highway...food, coffee, fuel and stores in close proximity..

But the carpet, couch etc are quite old and breakfast is average. I personally don't like my breakfast in plastic plates..may be it is common in the US. Difficult finding a parking place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DeepakBachu
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A typical Residence Inn with friendly staff. I have two key issues with it. When it is busy there is not enough parking. I had to park in the back of the Courtyard next door and it was a bit of a walk. My other concern which is more of an issue is that much of the parking is in the back and with the low light and foliage I don't think it is safe. Not that this a high crime area, it just doesn't make since. I would want my wife back there at night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mirgons
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were attending a wedding and this was convenient hotel. We needed several room and the staff was very helpful in accommodating the various arrival and departure times and handling the many requests from our group. I generally select a Marriott property if one is available because they tend to be very consistent and I know what to expect. This is a very nice Residence Inn and the staff is particularly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Loved being here! We were in town for 9 days and worth every penny. Not only do they feed you an awesome free breakfast, but M-W they have dinner too! Talk about cutting down on a grocery bill! Super comfy beds. Inviting lobby/reception area, very friendly staff. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Only downfall was that our room smelled like cat pee after several attempts to clean it. Thinking they should have pet designated rooms...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a nice hotel, esp for business. It's more of small apartment. The room was large and clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was large and good quality.. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the San Jose airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Morgan Hill
Comfort Inn Morgan Hill
#5 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy

Been to Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!