“A bit pricey”
Review of Ladera Grill

Ladera Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ladera Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 123 Restaurants in Morgan Hill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: The premiere dining destination of the South County serving Prime Steaks, Seafood and Pasta. Full Bar with a Wine Spectator award winning wine list. An upscale, comfortable restaurant in the heart of beautiful downtown Morgan Hill.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I live in Napa and try to make it a point to have lunch in Morgan Hill, when we are driving south. We have gone several time to this location. When we walked in we noticed that things were changed. We found out that the other restaurant went out of business and has been replaced by Ladera Grill. The first thing we noticed was the higher prices.

But we decided to try it out. We sat outside and the service was very slow. My wife even had to go in and remind them that we did not have the bread or water. I had the Tortilla Crusted Tilapia with Crab. The portion was small and I had a hard time finding the Crab. My wife had the Blue Ribbon Salad with was mostly lettuce.

I'm sorry to say that this will be out last time stopping here for lunch.

1  Thank Napamel

Reviewed July 14, 2012

High end prices with low end service:
1) When we were being seated, we were taken to the table and had to stand and wait while they finished cleaning/setting
2) Ordered steak medium rare - it was not: well done on the perimeter and less well done towards the center. Told server and either owner or manager came to argue that how it was served was how they cook medium rare. (Outback has better quality meat and know what medium rare means!)
3) Owner/manager then went on to say it was rude of us to stand and wait next to the table while they were still cleaning it (see #1). Huh? His staff was the one that brought us over.

I don't mind spending on quality food and service. This place give you neither.

2  Thank A B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Finally, Morgan Hill has a good steak house. There are not many places here to get a good steak while seated at a table with fresh white linens and a pretty table setting. We have eaten at Ladera for dinner several times and the food is consistently good. The service is above average and they offer a fine wine list. There is an outdoor patio, but we prefer the indoor ambiance. There is a lively bar attendance and it adds to the social atmosphere. We have enjoyed all of our meals from the crab cakes, which can be a meal in themselves, to the beef filet and chicken dishes. Our one complaint is their odd reservation condition. They only take 3 reservations per hour. How that works, we don't know. Now we don't even try to make a reservation. We just walk in and if we have to wait more than a few minutes we leave to go somewhere else.

3  Thank Nefa45
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hopping place in the center of Morgan Hill is one of the few restaurants with good food. It's a lively place in the evening.

1  Thank gersona
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had a delightful experience at Ladera, thanks in great part to the wonderful server I had! There are fine lines between being attentive vs. hovering and being friendly vs. being unprofessional. Rene has it down pat.

The food was good - especially the balsamic reduction dressing on the caprese salad - and my cucumber mojito hit the spot on a warm July evening. But, frankly, it was the service that made me a fan. Ask for Rene ...he is terrific!