“Guglielmo Winery”

and up
Taste of Italy On Santa Clara Wine Trail
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Morgan Hill
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Attended many functions at this facility and the family and staff are excellent. The food is usually catered and the grounds are nicely manicured. The wine's at this location are bountiful and many are excellent. At large functions they set up a tent and there's a stage for music that can be used for other than music. I have to disclose that I know several of the brothers and they all are outstanding people with good hearts. This winery is well respected in the community.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to this winery for tasting with friends, business social events, social events and family. Each time I am there I come away with a very peaceful and wonderful experience. The people working there are wonderful and knowledgeable about the wine. If you don't know much about wine the staff will answer all you questions and you will leave with information.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

great venue for tasting wine, having a picnic or an event. They have a great gift store also. The wines vary so just depends on what you like. They have a bargain brand I'm not fond of but the other wines are good.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

For most of it's history, Guglielmo was a producer of inexpensive bulk wines--"Dago Red" and "Dago White", if you will. None of it was much good except for those whose major criterion in buying wine is low cost--the type who buy the cheap foreign stuff at Cost Plus and insist it's good.

Some years ago they embarked on a program to improve quality. They now have a series of wines called "Tre" which are under $10.00 per 750ml. There's a market for that, just not to me. It's commercially acceptable, but no more. Their Estate wines are of better quality. Not Napa Valley or Paso Robles quality; but at around $20.00 per 750 ml. all six reds that I tasted were well worth the price. Tasting fee is a mere $5.00, and between reds and whites there are over a dozen offerings.

I was there on a Sunday. The place was packed for a bit with a tour group, but they left quickly. That gave me time to speak with Walt and Larry, the two "geezers" who pour the reds. Walt volunteers his time. Larry is paid. Both have been collecting Social Security for a while, and both are very engaging guys. The ladies who poured the whites were no spring chickens either, and not so freindly either. Guess you must be at or close to retirement to pour there.

The tasting room is also a shop, filled with kitschy stuff. Cheese is available for purchae. There is seating outside if you want to buy a bottle and picnic.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Okay, I'm not here to talk about the quality of wines since I am a newbie, but I have to say that their reds are strong and flavorful! Geez, being a light-wieght, I got a little bit tipsied out haha.

But the workers that poured my friend and I, our wines where just so friendly! Whites are poured in the front and reds are poured in the back. Which is practical, I must add, since it seems like serious wine tasters have more love for the reds. I can clearly remember, one of the tasters there say, he doesn't drink whites and for every red he tried, he looked and sounded like he was in heaven. It was quite amusing.

Anyways, I love the claustrophobic decor. The whole place is set up as a gift shop haha, with a seasonal display! The courtyard was full, due to some event, so I can't say much about it, but I went and explored the rest of the wine-grounds, due to my en-ability to walk straight. I needed to clear my system for I was the driver. The little stroll in the vines was nice and relaxing. Not much of a scenery since after the vines ended, all you see is an empty dirt field and then a walled up neighborhood...but all in all I enjoyed my experience.