“Weekend Stay”

Hampton Inn Morgan Hill
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great Surprise!! Very clean hotel, rooms were a good size and comfortable. Enjoyed the breakfast before heading off to our daughters softball games. Would recommend the hotel for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Morgan Hill! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Usually Hampton Inns are a win/win, this one didn't disappoint. The rooms were clean (although the carpets could stand to be steam cleaned). The beds were comfortable, and the staff was amazing. There was a rather nasty vomit smell in the hallway, but thankfully the smell did not permeate into the rooms. I think it might be something they clean with since the smell was constant. The staff members always greeted us and my children whenever we left the hotel or when we came back after a busy day. There were several members who went above and beyond, and we are grateful for them. One morning, my almost two year old was with his grandma when we dropped my keys down the gap in the elevator shaft. This was my only set of keys. Two members of the staff; the maintenance guy and another guy who was there working on the remodel, worked for about 35 minutes to get my keys back so we didn't have to call and wait on the elevator company. The manager told them they shouldn't be wasting time and just call the elevator company, thankfully, they didn't listen to her; we would have missed almost an entire days worth of activities if they didn't go above and beyond for us. The front desk gal who was there in the evenings; I think her name might have been Olga (or something similar sounding) was so fantastic! Kids loved the pool, and the adults enjoyed the hot tub.

Room Tip: We were on the main level in the hallway next to the breakfast area. The first morning we were ther...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Traveling through California, always looking for a Hampton Inn as we are Hilton Honors member and usually have good luck with Hampton Inn/Hilton. Newly remodeled hotel was very pretty, rooms very large and comfortable. We requested a king bed with a sofa. However, when I sat on sofa to read my book (and do my needlepoint) while my husband was on his computer at the desk, I could see NOTHING. It was dark outside, and the only lights in the room were in the bathroom area, two small wall lamps at bedside (about the size of light bulbs), and the desk lamp. I removed the desk lamp and sat on two suitcases that was an attempt to make a table. And there is MORE than enough room for a lamp and table. Sadly, my husband had to do computer work in the dark. I called the front desk and was told (very politely) that there were no extra lamps on premises (and I am pretty sure there were empty rooms as parking lot had few cars in it). And when my daughter pulled sofa out for bed, there were no sheets; slept on bedspread from king bed. In AM, reported to front desk who offered discount. If I wanted a discount, I would have checked into Motel 6. I wanted a comfortable room. I did not get that...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol T
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff was very courteous and welcoming. She had a big smile and asked how our day went. Was here for a soccer tournament and will definately stay here again. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marty L
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Marty,
Thank you for writing a review on your experience at our Hampton Inn Morgan Hill property. We work hard to give the best experience to all of our guests that stay with us and I am happy that you were no exception. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Morgan Hill is a fantastic place to stay with your family. The staff is friendly, and polite, and the property is clean and comfortable. It was a pleasure to stay there, and if we travel for another soccer tournament to Morgan Hill I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SD_GM92131, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Morgan Hill. It is so pleasing to that your stay was "clean and comfortable". We strive to give the best rooms and service to our guest and I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed such an "excellent family hotel". We hope to have you stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Morgan Hill.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is easy to find. Contemporary furnishings. Large room with two queen beds - very comfortable. Small frig and microwave, large closet. Lots of plugs for all the electronics. Went there for a soccer tournament - field was only 0.5 miles away. Pool a bit on the small side but heated. Has a jacuzzi but did not use it. Also has an exercise room - did not use that either. Front desk was very helpful - shout out to OLGA HERNANDEZ! One of our girls forgot her toothbrush - desk provided one at no cost. We had a team dinner with pizza - large gathering area that easily fit all the girls and families. Breakfast was plentiful with something for everyone. Coffee was really good, too! Fast food restaurants and grocery stores were close by.

Only reason why I did not give it 5 stars was that there was a bad smell in the hall way to our room - it smelled like someone had vomited in the hallway and febreeze was sprayed to cover the smell. It was there upon our arrival so I know it was not one of our girls. We stayed for 2 nights and the smell was still there when we left.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Morgan Hill. I am so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be accommodating for your groups needs. We work hard to give superior service to all of our guests. We also work hard to maintain our property as clean as possible. I apologize for the foul smell in one of our hallways, there are times when accidents do happen and we may not be aware of them. I can assure you that it has been taken care of. I hope that everything went great and that the girls had a great time at the tournament. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Morgan Hill, we hope to have you stay with us when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Morgan Hill is an excellent place to spend your time in the Bay Area. Easy drive to San Jose and points north and/or to Santa Cruz and the Pacific Coast Hwy. Very close to the Gilroy Outlet Shops also. Even though you are right next to 101, there was no traffic noise. Downtown Morgan Hill is less than a mile away with plenty of good restaurants nearby. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was well stocked. The complimentary breakfast was more than just cereal and coffee. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I have no trouble recommending this Hampton Inn for your stay in the Bay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased that your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Morgan Hill was "an excellent place to spend time in the Bay Area". We are so happy that you were able to enjoy the Bay area at while staying at our hotel and that our location was convenient to your stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and for letting other travelers know of your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and we hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgan Hill
#5 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn
Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!