“Impressed and relaxed”

Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were impressed with the quality, size, and good location of this property. The room was very spacious and even though it was on the second floor, the elevator took away the chore of getting everything upstairs. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast included with the stay was a very good as well. A spacious dining area and good selection of items was another welcomed surprise for our short stay. We had a 12 day family vacation trip and stayed in a mixture of hotels and with family and this hotel was at the top of the quality of all the hotels we stayed in. We would choose it again.

27  Thank Keith G

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am a Best Western Platinum Rewards Member and I went as far as doing my best to contact "Ms. Carolyn" who's name was repeated by the front desk night shift, the night auditor and the front desk morning crew to no avail ... she was even emailed as I waited for a response to my problems and issues, again to no avail ... This horrific journey started at the get go as I had a confirmed reservation: ATTN: Mr. David Pigg, COMPANY 09 August 2013, BEST WESTERN INTERNATIONAL RESERVATION CONFIRMATION, RESERVATION NUMBER: 511582194 ... I even called in advance prior to my arrival to reconfirm and request a late check out ... Upon arrival I was told there was no room at the inn and they were sorry ... after providing proof in a printed email from BW Headquarters and flashing my Platinum card they began a frantic search for a room, any room ... the excuse was the fireman were fighting a fire in Banning and they were all full up ... I admire our men and woman who are of service and am happy they have full benefits and make a very good living at what they do ... It is the carer they chose and more power to them ... but it does not make me chopped liver, nor will I be belittled by anyone especially when I carry a Platinum Status Card which speaks volumes about my patronage with Best Western ... after over an hour the front desk came up with a room after running up and down the stairs to see if it was occupied. They were scattered, disorganized, frantic, non responsive and even a bit inept in addition to being obtuse to my needs. Often helping the fireman who stood in line Behind me as if I was not even there. I got the keys and did not go to the room as I had a meeting a few exits away and had to work. Upon entering the room at around 8 pm with my significant other, She held back from using any public restroom as she desired the privacy of her own bathroom which is completely acceptable to both of us. After-all a major part of buying a room is to use the toilet, don't you agree ..? Upon opening the bathroom door ice cold water completely flooded the floor and the toilet was oozing out water. I called down immediately and asked to be moved ... I was met with a stern denial saying the hotel was full due to the firemen and no rooms were vacant or available ... then I asked for a maintenance person to fix the problem. I was yet again denied. We were stuck having to use the restrooms by the pool. At 10 pm they closed the pool and we were without a toilet or restroom for the next TEN HOURS ..! the water was gushing ALL night as if the Great Niagara was flowing in our room. I called repeatedly asking for a refund so I could find another hotel. Denied due to the powers that be with the unreachable MS Carolyn. In addition my $100 cash deposit was being withheld so that was being usurped with extreme prejudice. In the morning we left to have breakfast in the lobby and asked if they would please send up maintenance and housekeeping as there was a foul odor in addition to the critical repair that was in dire need of repair. All our linen was used to soak up the flood waters to prevent the carpet from being soaked. Housekeeping was not providing us with fresh towels. Upon coming back the towels on the floor were gone and one bath towel was left in its place on the kitchen counter. The toilet was not repaired and the flood waters continued. Allow me to add that the toilet did not flush either making it impossible to use it despite the water works. I asked yet again for a refund and I was again told that the great and powerful Ms Carolyn would have the final say on this issue. I asked why the supervisor in charge could not grant my request as it was 100% absolutely concrete positive that my request was justly deserved as well as compensation for the horrific events that followed the discovery. In addition this problem did not just "sprout" up as it was obvious it had been an issue before my arrival, no doubt met with the same complacency as I received. Ms Carolyn was emailed from the fromt desk upon check out as I wanted my money back. She NEVER responded. I confirmed they had my phone number, email and Platinum Rewards Number #600663 0 316432504. So I could be contact by Ms Carolyn. Yet again to no avail. I want a full refund, This can be done by mailing me a check in the amount of $73 in addition I am requesting 20,000 points for the Circus Side Show you and your staff put us through. Please confirm that the 20,000 points has been placed in my account. I will refrain from opening a case against you with Best Western International to give you the benefit of the doubt to make things right by me. If you want to avoid the $73 refund I will accept 40,000 points to elevate this nightmare. Your facility is a dark foreboding entity which needs organization and proper reconstruction to meet the BW Standards. Your facility can be "all that" an pristine but without customers and customer service its all for not ... Its just an empty facility wiyh no heart, no soul and untimely no people ...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TibetanWolf
bestwestmorenovalley, Manager at Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time in providing us with your feedback, thoughts and suggestions. We always appreciate hearing from our customers’ experiences.

We definitely value each and every guest we have at the Best Western Moreno Hotel and make sure that we meet all their expectations since we value your business and you as a person.

We work everyday to make each interaction memorable and your stay enjoyable. Because we appreciate and value each and every guest, I can assure you that we take all complaints and issues very seriously and work on the problem as soon as it gets reported, and log every complaint to make sure that it has been taken care of so that we definitely prevent from selling any rooms that are not rentable, if any.

I was very surprised when I read your review and personally reviewed your reservation and any notes taken during your stay to find out what happened and correct our employees if it was the case in which we did not take the proper procedures to meet your expectations, since that is my primary goal – meeting guest expectations.

When you checked in. our clerk went over the reservation with you to confirm it was correct and you verified it was and requested a specific room. Unfortunately, since the room type was not available at the time you checked in and it was not requested when you booked the reservation, we could not honor your request since that room type was not available. However, there were plenty of other room types available. You mentioned to our clerk that you wanted a room in good condition and close to the pool, so she went out of her way to personally inspect the room and make sure that you had a perfect room. All rooms are inspected by the Housekeeping Supervisor prior to renting them; however, the clerk still went out of her way to make sure that it was a great room for you. After confirming the room was in good condition, she offered that room to you and you accepted.

I would also like to share with you that I reviewed all notes, logs and even personally asked all clerks that were on shift about your complaints and found no complaints reported at all. If you have a problem with your stay and you do not report it, we cannot resolve the issue without any knowledge of the problem. I guarantee that if you had reported the problem, and especially if you had requested to speak to a manager, we would have taken care of you that instant if not as soon as possible. I did not find any logs and reported complaints, and when I spoke to the Clerks on duty that night, they all said that they never received a call, and there was also no call logged in our phone system from you or the room. At the same time, I wanted to look into the situation deeper, because I take my guests feedback very seriously. so I spoke with the Housekeeping Supervisor and Maintenance and they also verified that there were no problems reported about your room and confirmed that everything was working properly prior to your check-in. Additionally, you mentioned that you used all the towels to soak up the flood waters and placed the remaining towel on the kitchen counter, but we do not have any kitchen counters in our rooms.

If indeed your room had flooded water, the toilet was not working, there was a bad odor, and you were not happy with your stay, had we known of the situation I would have definitely suggested for you to book elsewhere and personally assisted you and refunded you, because I care about your experience and want you to enjoy your stay. Based on our records, we couldn't really assist you when there were no issues in the room and nothing was ever reported other then the fact that we couldn't honor your request for the room type you were inquiring about since there were non available.

I most definitely agree with you that all guests are valuable, and we value all our guests equally. Whether it’s a Best Western loyal customer or a new guest staying our hotel for the first time, we value both guests. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites Management

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here for a quick overnight stay on our way to San Diego. My kids loved the lights that lit up the hotel at night, as my daughter said, "it is so pretty". It is right off the highway so it was easy to get to.The hotel and room were clean, comfortable beds. The staff was friendly and check-in and out went very smooth. Also lots of parking, so finding a spot near our room was easy. Breakfast was good, just wished they served Apple Juice along with the Orange Juice not Guava Juice, my kids are not big Guava juice drinkers.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Hotel was not worth the money. aside from the room carpets being so dirty that it made the bottoms of our socks black, the shower was scary with putty filling cracks, the internet connection was nonexistent, and in the middle of the night the whole room started to smell of mildew it woke everyone up and we got no sleep no way to start a vacation. fortunately it was only a 1 night stay.

2  Thank JazLady
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is alway clean and welcoming, the staff are friendly and do a superb job on taking care their customers . Good location plenty of places near by to eat and shopping centers and movies just a hop skip away. I stay at least twice a week and I can always rely on good service and a clean room

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
49  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Lobby does have a good appearance. Am a bit baffled that Best Western has their name on this hotel. Rooms are okay and the bed comfortable, however some of the guests clearly should not have been allowed in. I heard foul language, banging and screaming from the people below me (stayed on 3rd floor). The elevator is creepy, seems like it is ready to fall apart. The ice machines appear to have been vandalized and do not work. Some guests tossed their garbage in the walk ways and in the parking area. Breakfast was okay, but have had much better in other Best Westerns (fruit was only tiny apples that looked like they had been picked from someone's tree). I did appreciate the location of the bed, it's away from the door so you don't hear hall noise and slamming doors as much. I have to agree with the thin walls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Walkways are dangerous to elderly, second floor walkways are not level and should be changed, resurfaced and leveled out. I fell against the railings and injured my arm, not a handicap friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an alternative hotel... Ayres hotel is much better