“Worst Place in my 17 day trip throughout the southern U.S States.”

BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Edmonton, Canada
“Worst Place in my 17 day trip throughout the southern U.S States.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I don't know what type of hotel these people are used to staying at but I was sorely disappointed with this hotel. For starters, horrible customer service and location in a seedy part of this town. What made things worse was when my husband was approached by a 'guest?' of the hotel and asked if he needed an 'escort' or any drugs. All this while he was with our young child, looking to enter the "sauna/hot tub", which didn't happen because of the garbage, bottle and bugs in the hot tub. When we noticed a dirty looking man walking around the parking lot, looking into vehicles - that was IT, we couldn't have left any faster! I told the desk agent - no clue how to handle the situation; called the manager the following day and she said there was nothing they could do. For $125 - best to spend your money in a campground and sleep in your car!

Room Tip: The photo's most hotels have are from the day they opened, so make sure its a 'good' hot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank ConAirTraveler
bestwestmorenovalley, Manager at BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for writing a review based on your stay here with us.

It is so unfortunate that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and for any deficiency in customer service.

I would like you to keep in mind that travelers do experience different types of environments that may be different to what they are accustomed to. If you compare our hotel to others in town, you will notice that we are located in a much quieter and less busy area. We maintain our hotel landscape clean each day for many reasons. One, we enjoy providing a clean environment, and two we value our customers very much.

There are some situations that are beyond our control but we still manage to work on them to prevent them. Trespassers are something that hotels can’t really prevent but can respond to as it gets reported.

It was so unfortunate that after your children enjoyed our pool and spa, your party decided to check out due to an unwelcomed trespasser or an inconsiderate person who decided to invade your privacy and space.

At check out you did mention to our Front Desk staff that there was a man that approached your husband and made some sort of offer. Our clerk was very interested in getting each and every detail from you to have this checked out immediately by our Security and made sure that any trespassers be kicked out. For future reference, please don’t wait until later and report it immediately to the front desk so we can take care of the situation as it happens.
Once our clerk got some information from you, you requested a refund, you were then asked if there were any problems with the rooms and your response was no. You were told that she couldn’t give you a refund since there wasn’t any problem with any of the rooms. Then you brought up that our pool was dirty and nasty looking and the clerk passed the information over to security and maintenance staff.

We would like to inform you that when our maintenance man checked our pool and spa nothing was found inside of the pool like debris or trash and the water was fine. Security checked the area where we were told the man was seen and found no one. In addition, we checked our surveillance cameras to see what the suspect looked like in case he came back again but unfortunately, we couldn’t see anyone that matched that description and no one was seen in the area it was reported.

Once again please accept our apologies for having an unpleasant stay with us. Despite all the troubles you went through, we are happy that you were satisfied with our hotel rooms.

GM, Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This BW is a nice surprise tucked away in Moreno Valley. Year-round the exterior is lit up with little white lights. I always feel like I am on holiday when I go there. The rooms have a nice, clean, modern feel with the granite bathroom counters and spacious floor plans. There is a beautiful courtyard with lots of plants, a pool and spa. The free continental breakfast has a wide variety of hot and cold foods. This is just the perfect place for my husband and I to go for a little get-away!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
30 Thank LaraZ997
Green River, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you are traveling with your furry friends it is somtimes hard to find a pet friendly place to stay. In Moren Valley you should know about the Best Western Hotel snd suites, they are upscale and have pet friendly rooms with hardwood floors qnd easy access. The staff is friendly and the grounds beautiful. We stayed there 3 HOT days in July and would again if needed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
30 Thank Tim W
Oceanside, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western for business and was super pleased with my stay. The hotel staff were very professional and courteous. The room was always clean when I got off work. The breakfast always had plenty with a very nice variety of food. I will definitely choose BW for my next business/leisure trip.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a room with a dvd player.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
30 Thank Tennille J
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was going to visit family for the weekend and wanted to stay in a nice hotel after looking up several local places i came across best western hotel and as soon i walked in and was greeted in a friendly matter i knew this was the hotel for my family . The customer service is great and the rooms are confy as close to home obviously when being away from home you need a place where you can feel as close as possible to home .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
29 Thank Sophia A
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here June 16-19th. I checked in around 9pm with no problems. Hotel is in a good location close to highway 60 and close to fast food (Jack in the box, Taco Bell, McDonalds all within walking distance) as well as Walgreens about 5 min. away.

When I got to my room (331) the A/C wasn't on......so I turned it on and nothing happened.....it was already warm in the room when I walked in. I called the front desk and she said "wait about 5 more minutes and it should come on"....I'm like ...Huh?? If you say so.........I didn't unpack because I had a bad feeling about this A/C. I waited..........no air...............called back and she said we can change your room..........never apologized for me being in a hot room.

Anyways, around 9:30pm I went back to the front desk and got my new room which was WAY better as far as A/C. So not the best first impression. But my impression of the room was good. Bed was very comfy, flat screen in my new room (341). Sink is next to the door and bathroom in a separate room (shower and toilet only). Very spacious room with a small balcony which was nice. Most of the rooms face inward toward the pool/spa area which was noisy when I checked in at nite with families and kiddos. But the pool closes at 10pm....it was quiet during the day time.

Breakfast was the same each morning but was good. Sausage, tortillas and eggs where you can make your own breakfast burrito....waffle maker was great. Cold cerial, bagles, toast, fruit, coffee, and juice, etc. Nice breakfast room and was never crowded. Some kids came down with their dad and said "Lets go to McDonalds" and they did...which was about a 3 minute walk from the hotel.. I ate the hotels breakfast - it was hot and FREE.

Free internet was very reliable in the rooms. Some construction was going on near the hotel....which could start as early as 7am. Luckily I was already awoke in most cases. I also used the exercise room which looks like it was a guest room and they converted it to a gym. Small but efficient. However when I got my key from the front desk and went to the gym...guess what??? No A/C was on...................De Ja Vu.................LOL....................so I turned it on and it never came on............So I opened the patio door and front door for ventilation. Front desk staff said they'd have some one look at it. I still got my work out on at the eliptical machine. It has a nice flat screen tv in there too.

We've stayed at Best Westerns in Dallas area and were always VERY pleased so I had high expectations coming here. This hotel is not the best of the Best Westerns I've stayed in but I'd recommend it to someone who just wants the basics for a good price. My price was $89 per nite. Next time I'm in Riverside area, I'll stay in Riverside. I have family in Moreno Valley and Riverside.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room that doesn't put you directly at the pool view. My room was in a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ConferenceVisitor12
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always enjoy getting our guests feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced using our AC/Heater unit. Normally, we keep all A/C units off and turn them on as requested by guests. This helps us in many ways:
One way is by saving electricity, and also because not all guests use the air conditioner in the room. Of course, there are guests that want to walk in to a nicely cooled room, for that same reason, we appreciate that guests submit their special requests ahead of time.

Our units can be somewhat difficult to understand and sometimes may be the reason why our guests can’t get them up and running. Most of the time is a result of a small problem such as the switch not been fully turned all the way to the ON position that causes the A/C not to work. It can also be the fact that it takes the cool air to kick in 10 minutes after the A/C has been turned on and guests don’t like waiting, which is understandable.

We understand our guest’s needs and work hard to full fill them. For this reason, we recommend that guests make their request at the time of check in or when making their reservations. This will help us understand what you are expecting from us and what you look for prior to check in.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed and liked our guest rooms, our free Hot Breakfast Buffet, our free wireless and wired internet and working out in our new Fitness Room.

Please accept our apologies if the construction next door to our hotel was an inconvenience to you in any way, unfortunately, that was beyond our control.

Once again, we apologize for the trouble you went through in having you move to another room because your A/C wouldn’t cool down. We want to inform you that the reason your A/C wasn’t working properly was because it was set to Fan only, instead of Fan and Cool. We now have instructions below each unit on how to set up the A/C and heater and hope this can help our guests. Of course, we can personally help you out and set it up for you ahead of time, just feel free to let us know on your way to checking in and you will be all set.

GM, Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We loved this beautiful Spanish style property. A very unique lodging experience. Our room was absolutely gorgeous and the property is in a lovely safe neighborhood. We walked to dinner, which is so nice after a long day driving. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The interior courtyard is really interesting and resorty for with pools and spa's, palm trees and beautiful gardens. A wonderful surprise! Much more like a resort than a traveler's stop off. We highly recommend this property and will stay there again sure!

Room Tip: We liked the convenience of the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Moreno Valley near March Air Reserve Base
Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside

Been to BEST WESTERN Moreno Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!