New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #126 of 226 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We ate here because many of the reviews talked about how authentic and homemade it was. My husband and I both ordered the enchiladas (that is my family's comfort food)- he got chicken and I got cheese. They weren't anything special, and were actually a bit bland. On the plus side, the chips and salsa were excellent. I don't know that I would go back to Mama Chuy's again if I were in Moreno because, as a vegetarian, the cheese enchiladas were the only thing on the menu for me to eat, and as I said, I wasn't too impressed.

Visited January 2012

Moreno Valley, California
“Now its "Chuyita's" but Mama is still in charge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The restaurant was full on a Sunday afternoon but service was still 'rapido' and friendly. Its very family-friendly and the staff was cordial to all. The food featured all fresh ingredients, plenty of that home-cooked taste and was better than the average Sonoran-Mexican offering. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served across a full menu.

Formerly called "Mama Chuy's", this site is located more off Heacock St near Alessandro. Parking is crowded due to an adjacent Dairy Queen. There is a regular, mostly Latino clientele on weekends but Chuyitas is popular for lunch with many military personnel from nearby March Air Reserve Base. I highly recommend it for standard Mexican-American good eating.

• Visited October 2011