“Best Chinese-American food in Moreno Valley”
Review of Dragon House

Dragon House
Ranked #15 of 230 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Dragon House is your best bet in Moreno Valley for Chinese-American food. By spending a few dollars more than at the usual steam-table or cafeteria-style line of worn out selections served at most Chinese places in town, here you get sit-down service and fresher, more consistent and higher quality ingredients.

Due to some ordering and service problems I experienced, I couldn't give Dragon House a higher TripAdvisor rating. First, for lunch, they give you only a simple one-page "luncheon specials" kind of menu and fail to bring out their huge regular menu for people who maybe can linger longer and want more variety. I had to repeatedly interrogate the not-so-cooperative waiter into admitting that the larger menu I had to shag from the lobby was also applicable and could be used to order a larger lunch.

Second, I asked for my curry chicken to be placed on bean sprouts instead of rice or crisp noodles and the waiter made "ick" faces about it and promised I would be disappointed with such a combination. I had to insist on my desired choice and of course the dish turned out fine, for my taste. For whatever reason, they seemed to want to stick very close to the numbered menu items for lunch and discourage anyone venturing off of that.

Dragon House is convenient to the 215 Freeway but parking was a bit crowded. The restrooms and decor were OK, although dated and haven't changed much since the place opened in 1978. Its very popular with the military lunch crowd, with brisk service... but no chopsticks were provided. There is no bar nor is alcohol served. The inviting lobby is filled with many photos of owner David Chang entertaining politicians, Presidents and media personalities at his establishment.

Bottom line: Despite some personal glitches, Dragon House remains a local favorite for standard but better-than-usual Chinese food at moderate prices, so I think you will be pleased. Although the waiters don't like to vary from the house formula, I would still go back here another time.

2  Thank MonkeyOnTheWing

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Dragon House is my brother's favorite place to eat. I'm not so keen on Chinese food - I prefer freshly prepared, and more lightly seasoned fare. I was pleased with the selections my brother chose - beef broccoli, sweet-sour chicken, won ton soup, and something wrapped in a thin pastry and rolled at the table for us. Again I'm not a huge fan of Chinese, so this was pretty good considering.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

My family and I have been enjoying Dragon House in Moreno Valley since the 1970's. The food here is a very good value. The menu is extensive featuring typical Chinese fare. Our favorites include broccoli beef, mushu pork, orange chicken and almond chicken. We usually order family style. The service is good and the staff is friendly. After all these years, Dragon House remains a Moreno Valley favorite as is evident by the always full parking lot.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Fast service..average to above on the quality..share the entree if you are not a Big eater.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We can always count on the very best Chinese food, great service, and a pleasant atmosphere at the Dragon House