“Time to expand”
Review of Portillo's

Portillo's
Ranked #1 of 229 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: American
Description: Home to America's favorite Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef, burgers, salads, and chocolate cake
Fresno, CA
“Time to expand”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a great hot dog place that's apparently huge in Chicago and has just a few locations in California. We loved everything about it -- the atmosphere, the service, the food, and the prices -- and can't wait to see them expand throughout the state.

Visited March 2014

Lakeport, California
“You Need an Authentic Italian Beef Sandwich!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

You just don't know it yet, or you would already plan trips around visiting this place. How good is it? My daughter, my girlfriend and my best friend talked me into driving 11 hours because they knew I loved Italian beef sandwiches! They knew I would drive all that way for a sandwich. An Italian beef sandwich is what a Philly Cheese wishes it was. They are tasty, and moist (well ok, they are sloppy and wet) and tender. Good thing I don't live in Moreno Valley or I would weigh a ton. My girlfriend (from Pennsylvania) even admitted that Italian beef is WAY better than Philly Cheesesteaks.

OK, the restaurant. It's nice, the decor is upscale chain fast food chic, but let's be honest—you aren't here for the ambiance. I have no idea what is on the menu except Italian beef. Portillo's Italian Beef is really good because of their hot peppers. I imagine their sweet peppers are good too, but good peppers really make a difference. Romano's (also in Moreno Valley) makes Italian Beef, but their peppers aren't as good. I think it may be the oil they add to the peppers. Do check out Romano's, they have great Chicago style pizza.

Please visit this place. Keep them in business, so when I come to visit. . .they are still there!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MannyLiestold
“always a sure thing”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

i have never had a bad experience with potillos; cant beat the italian beef with cheese and peppers ( hot )
most unique hot dogs ( all the way ) i have tried; but once u do ur hooked and crave them

Riverside, California
“Cold, no service - not special.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thursday around 12:30 a group of 6 of ladies arrived. It was our first time. It would've been so nice if there were someone in charge to help us. We tried rearranging some tables to fit our group, but with little success. Finally some diners told us there was a "back room" for bigger parties.

We finally found a bus person to ask if we could sit there, and she found a cook to ask. OK. So, we went to the little area and had to move the barriers and rearrange the tables - again. NOT a good start.

The restaurant was cold and the restroom was very cold!

The menu is on boards, we selected and waited in different areas for the numbers to be called.
The food was good, average portion size. Nothing to brag about. Asian chicken salad and a small drink cost about $10. Not a bargain.

Besides salads, two people had hot dogs, one had a beef sandwich and it looked good, one had a burger. No one commented about the food being outstanding. I wouldn't bother again.

• Visited January 2014
Chino Hills, California
“Good Bugers, Sausage and Italian Beef Sandwiches”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We have made numerous trips to Portillo's. It is fast food, but very good fast food. Their burgers are delicious and I love their Italian Sausage Sandwich with Hot peppers. You also need to have their Italian Beef Sandwich with Hot peppers too.

Their are some other places stating that they have the best Italian Beef and if you are homesick for Chicago food they are the place to go. In my opinion, that is not so! I prefer Portillo's over any of the other wanna-bee's.

• Visited November 2013